Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 12:25 pm

Poll: Do athiests need to raise their voices, and lead people out of religious mess?
This poll is closed.
Yes, we should do everything to keep the world more sane.
66.67%
14 66.67%
No, we're fine with how it is.
33.33%
7 33.33%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What can we do to promote Atheism? How can we unite?
What can we do to promote Atheism? How can we unite?
Hello guys,

I have been thinking, What can we do to promote Atheism? How can we unite?

Religious folks have all the support they need. They have community, church members, mosque etc where they gather and make plans to convert other unsuspecting victims.

We athiests, are quiet and spread all over the world. We do not have local gatherings, or a strong set of community to help us out during persecution by religious folks or so. Nor do we have a way to keep everyone informed about the latest stuffs etc.

Isn't it a time to do so? I would love to participate with athiets and do good to people. We can be a good example and show the religious people that we can help the needy, care for each other without religion.

Frankly, people are born into a religious society everyday, and most of them don't have a chance to question their reality because of their situation. If we had a community, we would be able to make the world a better place with no religion sooner.

For one, this forum is an amazing place to socialize and share about our views. I found this site from google. Had it not appeared in the google search, it would be a tough luck to find such a good community.
What say my fellow brethrens? Smile How shall we proceed in a better and effective way? Thinking
RE: What can we do to promote Atheism? How can we unite?
Just... don't be a cunt!
[Image: YUe3i.png]
(August 11, 2013 at 5:23 am)pocaracas Wrote: Just... don't be a cunt!
[Image: YUe3i.png]

Lol that should work Wink Any more ideas?
Throw all the religious people into their own theocratic country with their unholy books, set up hidden cameras, and laugh at the new reality show where theistitards end up killing each other. Let them do the dirty work of removing themselves from the planet, and let our hands remain clean.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
lol. I don't really care about deconverting others, but I'd like for the religious to stay out of policy making. They're crazy and they shouldn't push their religion on others.
(August 11, 2013 at 5:30 am)Maelstrom Wrote: Throw all the religious people into their own theocratic country with their unholy books, set up hidden cameras, and laugh at the new reality show where theistitards end up killing each other. Let them do the dirty work of removing themselves from the planet, and let our hands remain clean.

Brilliant! I do indeed think we need a separate country. That would be comparable to heaven. Too bad religiotards don't believe earth can be made heaven if they try. Instead they worship some fallacy so they can go to heaven. Lazy bastards Big Grin
You are stepping on dangerous ground here. We have been fighting for years that atheism is not a religion and it shouldn't be treated as such. If we start acting like the religious we only have ourselves to blame if they treat us like it is one.

It also has other problems. Do we allow theists to join?

The church of the flying spagetthi monster has already taken the step to create a religion for those of us who wants to fight against stupid things done in the name of religion. Why don't you join them? Since they allow theist and atheist members people can't say that they are an atheist religion.

(They could do more with community projects and social events - maybe that is something to start)

(August 11, 2013 at 5:30 am)Maelstrom Wrote: Throw all the religious people into their own theocratic country with their unholy books, set up hidden cameras, and laugh at the new reality show where theistitards end up killing each other. Let them do the dirty work of removing themselves from the planet, and let our hands remain clean.

And we can call it... Uhm... America! Smile
Any spelling mistakes are due to my godlessness!
(August 11, 2013 at 5:32 am)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: lol. I don't really care about deconverting others, but I'd like for the religious to stay out of policy making. They're crazy and they shouldn't push their religion on others.

Nor do I. But it would be a great thing to unite like once in a week locally to have fun. We need to keep sane too. Religions have festivals, gatherings and such, why not us? Wink Of course the answer is we're nothing like religious people, but think of changing the world, if we stay and do nothing, we will be more oppressed sooner or later by religion. So why not now? Wink

(August 11, 2013 at 5:34 am)ITChick Wrote: You are stepping on dangerous ground here. We have been fighting for years that atheism is not a religion and it shouldn't be treated as such. If we start acting like the religious we only have ourselves to blame if they treat us like it is one.

It also has other problems. Do we allow theists to join?

The church of the flying spagetthi monster has already taken the step to create a religion for those of us who wants to fight against stupid things done in the name of religion. Why don't you join them? Since they allow theist and atheist members people can't say that they are an atheist religion.

(They could do more with community projects and social events - maybe that is something to start)

I understand that we're not any way same with the religious folks. The Church of FSM, looked at the site. Looks quite funny . Thanks for sharing that out.

"It also has other problems. Do we allow theists to join? " No, we don't, unless they convert first. ;P

"Since they allow theist and atheist members people can't say that they are an atheist religion."

Hmm, why are we so afraid to stand out? Why do we have to merge with theist to start something like this? Something seems a bit wrong here.
It would take more balls than I have(so, like 2) but act condescending. Talk slow, pat heads, pity the shit out of the theists in your area. After all, they often do the very same.

A less controversial idea is to ignore the braying jackasses. Maybe a continued policy of marginalizing their self important rhetoric will foster change.

By the way...promoting atheism isn't on my radar. Diminishing religions' stranglehold is. Kinda the same purpose, though.
We should all drink together, and have good times Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why did Communists promote Evolution? Nishant Xavier 318 15943 September 7, 2023 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27084 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Atheists unite and help persuade Ambiguous Atheist 14 2655 December 2, 2016 at 3:01 am
Last Post: AceBoogie
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 12456 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott
  Strong/Gnostic Atheism and Weak/Agnostic Atheism Dystopia 26 12127 August 30, 2014 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Dawsonite
  Debate share, young earth? atheism coverup? atheism gain? xr34p3rx 13 10467 March 16, 2014 at 11:30 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  A different definition of atheism. Atheism isn't simply lack of belief in god/s fr0d0 14 12001 August 1, 2012 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  "Old" atheism, "New"atheism, atheism 3.0, WTF? leo-rcc 69 38059 February 2, 2010 at 3:29 am
Last Post: tackattack