Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Group Video Chats on Skype... round 2
Group Video Chats on Skype... round 2
A couple of years ago myself along with several other members here did a group video chat on Skype. Basically we agreed on a time and date and all got on skype for a mass video chat. 

It was me, Poca, Tib, Shell, Whateverist, KingPin, some member who is no longer here called Lemon something... and Ham's and Losty's voices (they didn't have cameras). Group video chats only work if you're using a computer or laptop (with a camera and a microphone obviously), it does not work on phone for some reason.  

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing that again sometime.

Let me know below if you're in so we can start planning a date and time.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
RE: Group Video Calls on Skype... round 2
Nope, not going to happen with me. Good luck, though.

Maybe I can change my mind.

I'll have to be informed ahead of time. Me sober is so much better.

Mind you, I have to figure out how to do Skype. Never done it before. I can black out my image to only do voice, correct?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Group Video Chats on Skype... round 2
I have Skype but I don't have a camera.
(May 4, 2018 at 8:19 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I have Skype but I don't have a camera.

would you be interested in joining with just voice? you'd see us and hear us, but we would only hear you. Losty and Ham did it that way last time.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(May 4, 2018 at 8:19 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I have Skype but I don't have a camera.

I don't think the camera is needed.

I'm wary of showing myself. So long as the audio is available, that's all that matters.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I can 100% do either audio or both audio and webcam.

I am fine to turn my camera off if people don't wanna see my man-nipples. The weather is very hot here for a sun-hating British weakling with pale skin such as myself. So if I am doing video there's no way I am wearing a shirt I don't wanna be sweating all through it lol. If anyone is gonna feel awkward I'll just do voice. I don't actually give a fuck lol.

EDIT: Actually it's incorrect to say that I hate the sun. I love sun shine I just hate the heat of it.
(May 4, 2018 at 8:20 pm)Kit Wrote:

I don't think the camera is needed.

I'm wary of showing myself.  So long as the audio is available, that's all that matters.

I just messaged you on facebook

-walsh
(May 4, 2018 at 8:07 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: A couple of years ago myself along with several other members here did a group video chat on Skype. Basically we agreed on a time and date and all got on skype for a mass video chat. 

It was me, Poca, Tib, Shell, Whateverist, KingPin, some member who is no longer here called Lemon something... and Ham's and Losty's voices (they didn't have cameras). Group video chats only work if you're using a computer or laptop (with a camera and a microphone obviously), it does not work on phone for some reason.  

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing that again sometime.

Let me know below if you're in so we can start planning a date and time.

I'd do it again if a time worked for everyone.  Do you think it's true that Losty had the camera off because she wanted to be naked while we talked?  (I might want to try that.)  

You forgot me CL... I was in at least one of those group chats... remember I was in black and white because my laptop's webcam is not that good? I don't remember any lemons though... but two names come to mind, Lemonvariable and demoniclemon, was it either of those?
(May 4, 2018 at 8:19 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote:

would you be interested in joining with just voice? you'd see us and hear us, but we would only hear you. Losty and Ham did it that way last time.

Possibly.  Depends on when.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sasha Baron trolls a group of idiots Nay_Sayer 0 930 June 28, 2020 at 11:55 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Atheist Forum Accent Tag: Round 3!! Clueless Morgan 98 7977 November 28, 2018 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Atheist Forums Accent Tag! Round 2 Napoléon 845 122711 October 1, 2018 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Hey. Anybody wants to Skype and talk mindlessly about something? ErGingerbreadMandude 69 11808 February 24, 2017 at 9:49 am
Last Post: Joods
  Skype fucking around robvalue 0 663 December 5, 2016 at 4:41 am
Last Post: robvalue
  AF Skype Room: Why I Miss Its Activity Edwardo Piet 16 2884 October 31, 2016 at 9:15 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Skype Joods 17 1687 April 28, 2016 at 2:55 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Skype Ludwig 1 905 November 27, 2015 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Ludwig
  Let's meet on Skype with a group video chat! Catholic_Lady 225 23330 October 16, 2015 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  I think I need to establish a support group and maybe find a mentor... LivingNumbers6.626 3 1145 January 14, 2015 at 6:54 am
Last Post: robvalue