Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think this rocks!
I think this rocks!

'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
RE: I think this rocks!
I love good acapella!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTFh8LCBZeQ
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

This also rocks,

[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Thanks for the video, Kayenneh. That was good!
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
So... do these things also work?

Or all the editing that goes into making these videos just devalues the thing, compared to having a group of people produce the sounds at the correct time?
Oooh, I do like Mike Tompkins Heart
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

I think they count, Poc - to me, it's easier when you've got other people or instruments there to balance out timing and tone. It takes some talent to layer stuff one by one.

These guys amuse me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHB61JBJZ00

and then there was this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk5_OSsawz4
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
How about these gals?

- Dr. Donald Prothero
Hey! I rock too! Just look at my username!

One of my favorite songs of all time with one of my favorite arrangements of all time:

These girls rock!

(November 25, 2013 at 7:49 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: Hey! I rock too! Just look at my username!

One of my favorite songs of all time with one of my favorite arrangements of all time:

Wow! I love jazz - the scat singing was awesome.

- Dr. Donald Prothero

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mormon Jesus ROCKS Zen Badger 3 1269 February 18, 2012 at 11:33 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused