Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did you like the hunger games books?
Did you like the hunger games books?
I love them, wonna know your thoughts.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
RE: Did you like the hunger games books?
I have not read them. In fact, it has been a while since I have read a book.

I have seen the first movie, though, and certain elements of it confused me. I was informed to read the books to better understand, but I have not found the time.

The last book I read was one in the Scarpetta series by Patricia Cornwell.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I haven't read the books. I saw the first film however, and it was terrible.
LOVE the books.

I think most people who think the movie is terrible haven't read the books.

My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
The movie blows and the lead actress doesn't.

What is a book?
I loved the books. I read the second in one sitting (I mean, I got to go to the bathroom but that's about it). I don't however think they were appropriate for kids. I know many people let their kids read them but I think the entire premise is a bit much for a 10 year old.
(December 6, 2013 at 3:41 am)Dena Wrote: I loved the books. I read the second in one sitting (I mean, I got to go to the bathroom but that's about it). I don't however think they were appropriate for kids. I know many people let their kids read them but I think the entire premise is a bit much for a 10 year old.

I would have been allowed when I was a kid, but my parents never really censored what I read or the music I listened to. I read "Flowers In the Attic" when I was about ten, and that's also when I started getting into Stephen King. I'm not sure that's a good thing, but I don't think it made me screwed up or anything. I skimmed over a lot of what I didn't understand, intuiting I wasn't supposed to at my age. I've gone back and read a lot of those books, and I have aha! moments all the time :p
(December 6, 2013 at 3:49 am)rexbeccarox Wrote:
(December 6, 2013 at 3:41 am)Dena Wrote: I loved the books. I read the second in one sitting (I mean, I got to go to the bathroom but that's about it). I don't however think they were appropriate for kids. I know many people let their kids read them but I think the entire premise is a bit much for a 10 year old.

I would have been allowed when I was a kid, but my parents never really censored what I read or the music I listened to. I read "Flowers In the Attic" when I was about ten, and that's also when I started getting into Stephen King. I'm not sure that's a good thing, but I don't think it made me screwed up or anything. I skimmed over a lot of what I didn't understand, intuiting I wasn't supposed to at my age. I've gone back and read a lot of those books, and I have aha! moments all the time :p

My parents didn't censor what I read but at 10, I was still reading books geared toward young girls. I had a few books written from the perspective of children during war but they weren't super detailed.
I've read them all, but, especially now that I've seen the second movie, I'm getting more inclined to think the movies were an improvement on the books.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What did you know yesterday that you don't know today? Gawdzilla Sama 14 1083 December 4, 2023 at 9:43 am
Last Post: brewer
  Did you know? Ryn 2 321 July 4, 2022 at 7:01 pm
Last Post: weaponoffreedom
  What did you get for Christmas? arewethereyet 13 714 December 29, 2021 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  What Hobbies Did You Have As A Kid? BrianSoddingBoru4 51 2274 November 11, 2021 at 7:45 am
Last Post: brewer
  What did you learn to do because of the pandemic? arewethereyet 31 2133 June 27, 2021 at 3:54 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  What job(s) did you have as a kid? arewethereyet 25 2127 April 25, 2021 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Sal
  Panel Discussion on Personally Influential Books Neo-Scholastic 20 2386 November 20, 2018 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Did you "spring forward"? Gawdzilla Sama 44 2773 November 5, 2018 at 10:19 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  English Language Books in Germany Rhondazvous 2 450 September 9, 2018 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  I did it and you should too. Brian37 41 4049 August 25, 2018 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama