Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jasmine Loves Children, Magic & Freedom (This Prompts Muslim OutRage)
Jasmine Loves Children, Magic & Freedom (This Prompts Muslim OutRage)
http://religionismanmade.blogspot.ca/201...anned.html

A kindly Indian woman from Bangladesh who lives in Britain loves preforming magic for children. This kind lady fears for her job because of Muslim hate.

What do you think? Do you agree that the burka should be banned?
RE: Jasmine Loves Children, Magic & Freedom (This Prompts Muslim OutRage)
I think that making people wear a burka should be banned
I think it should be banned for security reasons. You simply cannot allow people to walk around with everything covered, you know basically nothing about them. Not their gender, not their age, not their face, nothing. It's just too easy to commit crimes and it gives them a type of liberty that the rest of us don't get, which is they can go in and out of shops and you can't identify them on any cameras or any eyewitness accounts. It's just common decency to show your face when you're interacting with someone. But if that isn't enough, ban it. I don't agree with banning religious garments for religious reasons or anti religious reasons, but religions aren't allowed to step on common sense either.
Maybe not banned, but allow different shops to determine whether or not they allow such head coverings to be worn in their stores. In places like banks they don't want you wearing ski masks for obvious reasons, so it stands to reason that other businesses should be allowed to set their own policies.

However, I don't like the idea of the government passing laws dictating what people can or can't wear.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(December 10, 2013 at 12:17 pm)Optimistic Mysanthrope Wrote: I think that making people wear a burka should be banned

This. The pressure from men in muslim family units just cannot be measured accurately since many women will insist it's entirely their choice, despite the obvious retaliation to lapses in observance. Let's not forget what the penalty for apostasy is in Islam, and let us not forget how many women fear not only being shunned, but beaten and abused were they ever to even contemplate moderating their dress sense (that's our interpretation of moderate, not the muslim view of moderate, ha).
(June 19, 2013 at 3:23 am)Muslim Scholar Wrote: Most Gays have a typical behavior of rejecting religions, because religions consider them as sinners (In Islam they deserve to be killed)
(June 19, 2013 at 3:23 am)Muslim Scholar Wrote: I think you are too idiot to know the meaning of idiot for example you have a law to prevent boys under 16 from driving do you think that all boys under 16 are careless and cannot drive properly
How do you ban someone from making others to wear burkas? All these things happen in the home, no one but the family would know. And like Wes says, it's not just in the household, it's the entire community and it's may not even be explicit coercion but they simply do it because if they don't, they'll face social retaliation and lose their friends. In any case, they were brought up thinking they should wear it.

And the effects of a burka isn't simply publicly identifying yourself as a muslim, the hijab does that, too. But the burka hides your face, making it that much harder to make friends, get jobs, and simply interacting with people. There was even a case where a woman refused to show her face in court unless the entire court only had women in it.
I say ban the burka & all other Islamic headwear (along with the public display of all other religious symbols).
(December 10, 2013 at 7:12 pm)MarxRaptor Wrote: I say ban the burka & all other Islamic headwear (along with the public display of all other religious symbols).

Why, because it makes you uncomfortable?
I don't agree with banning a particular piece of clothing. WHat I WOULD do is ban the wearing in public of anything that hides the face of a person - balaclavas, motorcycle helmets (when not riding), etc.

That in the least will stop most of the idiots screaming persecution and "religious freedom".
Dying to live, living to die.
I don't think the banning of the burka should even be a religious issue. Rather one of community safety. If a shop owner wants to identify whoever walks into his shop he should be entitled to IMO.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Woman - Life - Freedom Movement in Iran 2.0 Leonardo17 43 3227 April 24, 2024 at 10:00 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
Exclamation Warning:You are in danger. Non-Muslim in danger! AVMXF 67 5274 July 23, 2023 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Women-Life-Freedom Movement in Iran Leonardo17 69 6342 April 7, 2023 at 7:22 am
  LGBTQ Rights in Countries with a Muslim Magority Leonardo17 16 2296 January 14, 2023 at 7:33 am
  WHo is "The Pharaoh" in the Muslim Holy Book Leonardo17 14 1253 December 1, 2022 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  3 simple points to end the discussion with any muslim SaStrike 10 1343 September 20, 2022 at 12:14 am
  The only woman to win the Fields Medal was a Muslim Alexmahone 25 4747 August 28, 2022 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
  There is no contradiction in the Qur'an! my answer as a muslim real muslim 37 3920 July 29, 2020 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  [Quranic Reflection]: Surprise surprise..children are purchased to this day WinterHold 10 1821 May 22, 2020 at 6:56 am
  Freedom and peace in the Qur'an KuranMumini19 46 5138 May 7, 2020 at 11:43 pm