Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Religion is Poison
Why Religion is Poison
WARNING the following video is graphic. One example in a history of human cruelty based on religion. Dark ages and 9/11 and still shit like this happens every day.

http://thetaleofbittertruth.wordpress.co...-in-kenya/
RE: Why Religion is Poison
Christianity lighting the world... one witch at a time.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(December 12, 2013 at 6:23 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: Christianity lighting the world... one witch at a time.

I posted this because some PC atheists blast me for not being PC, ironically these same guys have blasted Islam rightfully.

This all started a couple of months ago when I agreed with Harris in his challenge to moderates and liberals in that they give cover to acts like this. I also agree with Hitchens in calling religion poison.

They stupidly accuse me of or imply that I am advocating some sort of government oppression of religion, even if they don't say it outright.

The irony is that in 06 and 07 when their respective books came out these same guys didn't raise a peep about them.

Religion to me is like a volcano, it can make land and provide nutrients to the soil, and you cant get rid of it, but only a fool would ignore it when it rumbles.

It is complete lunacy to ignore any religion. This is what happens when you say "leave it alone, religion doesn't harm anyone".
Interesting cause things like this happened everywhere 500 years ago.
(December 13, 2013 at 3:47 am)feeling Wrote: Interesting cause things like this happened everywhere 500 years ago.
Not quiet, that were better at it.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Name your poison. Brian37 49 1765 August 29, 2020 at 11:45 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A Compelling Reasn to Strangle, Shoot, Stab, Poison, and Otherwise Kill You True Love Rhondazvous 13 3029 December 14, 2015 at 5:06 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What's your poison? BrokenQuill92 35 4431 February 19, 2014 at 11:28 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Another reminder that religion is poison. Brian37 3 911 January 20, 2014 at 11:18 am
Last Post: houseofcantor
  My Christmas Poison Cinjin 15 3263 December 29, 2013 at 3:46 am
Last Post: Cinjin
  Pick your poison CleanShavenJesus 42 10201 July 9, 2013 at 4:34 am
Last Post: Ben Davis