Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dillahunty pwns logical fallacies.
Dillahunty pwns logical fallacies.
I didn't watch atheist experience for quite a while so I watched episodes I missed. I laughed at this one.
The dude is spamming logical fallacies and does not even recognize them. Dillahunty completely demolishes them with flawless logic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtdHssh0Uik

I also noticed that some of the fallacies even I fell for in the past arguments of mine. I better watch out for those next time.
RE: Dillahunty pwns logical fallacies.
What the fuck has he done to his beard?
(December 13, 2013 at 9:49 am)Napoléon Wrote: What the fuck has he done to his beard?

I think he pinked it out for a charity dealio a while ago. Since I only listen to the audio version, I didn't realize it was still that color. Tongue

Regarding the OP, John from Chicago is an awful, awful debater who has called into numerous shows, never with anything more successful than what's in this video. Often he doesn't even know the definition of what he's talking about, yet his casual arrogance stops him from ever learning a damn thing.

He reminds me of a few theists here, in that respect. Big Grin
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
I really like TAC, though the long run time makes me less motivated to watch the full shows.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Matt and Tracy from the show are my favorite. Smile
"The reason things will never get better is because people keep electing these rich cocksuckers who don't give a shit about you."
-George Carlin
On behalf of the sane people in the Chicagoland area, I'd like to assure you we're not all like this. Undecided
(December 13, 2013 at 11:18 am)MindForgedManacle Wrote: Matt and Tracy from the show are my favorite. Smile

I agree.

There are some pretty strong hosts on the show, but Matt and Tracy are the strongest. Tracy's grasp of logic is just as strong as Matt's.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
Vinny should watch the video. Twice.
"If there are gaps they are in our knowledge, not in things themselves." Chapman Cohen

"Shit-apples don't fall far from the shit-tree, Randy." Mr. Lahey
I'm sure he'd somehow contrive to remain on John's side. Dodgy
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(December 13, 2013 at 12:11 pm)Simon Moon Wrote:
(December 13, 2013 at 11:18 am)MindForgedManacle Wrote: Matt and Tracy from the show are my favorite. Smile

I agree.

There are some pretty strong hosts on the show, but Matt and Tracy are the strongest. Tracy's grasp of logic is just as strong as Matt's.

In my opinion Matt > Russel > Jen/Martin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Logical Disproofs of a Biblical Type God JohnJubinsky 28 2485 June 14, 2021 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Is God a logical contradiction? Tom Fearnley 561 39976 February 28, 2020 at 1:03 pm
Last Post: Rahn127
  Most humans aren't too logical when it comes to world views and how to go about it. Mystic 28 3971 October 9, 2018 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Alan V
  To theists- A logical insight into Atheism ignoramus 65 11985 May 16, 2018 at 8:48 am
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  The Atheist Experience talk show by Matt Dillahunty and others Alexmahone 12 2693 December 6, 2017 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Atheist Debates Project - Matt Dillahunty LadyForCamus 54 9823 September 6, 2016 at 8:32 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Naturalism explained by Matt Dillahunty mralstoner 0 957 January 10, 2016 at 4:32 am
Last Post: mralstoner
  Matt Dillahunty's great argument against some people who deny Evolution Heat 1 2275 November 11, 2015 at 4:12 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Is it logical for a Theological Noncognitivist to identify as an atheist? IanHulett 24 6413 September 8, 2015 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: IanHulett
Exclamation I NEED logical support... rsngfrce 127 14798 June 17, 2015 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: Iroscato