Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Atheist Experience talk show by Matt Dillahunty and others
The Atheist Experience talk show by Matt Dillahunty and others
Has anyone else watched this show (available on Youtube)? Does it promote atheism? My favorite hosts are Matt Dillahunty and Tracie Harris.
RE: The Atheist Experience talk show by Matt Dillahunty and others
I used to watch Atheist Experience. I liked watching clips, but whole episodes are like an hour long. I'd rather not sit and watch a video for that long. It's a little like a video form of Fundies Say the Darndest Things with some callers.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I listen to Atheist experience podcasts regularly. It is entertaining listening to Matt Dillahunty's use of logic and debate skills to take apart Christians arguments. I was particularly fond of Jeff Dee who no longer hosts show for some reason.
I'm a fan of Matt. 👍
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
Yeah, though not for a while.

Matt and Tracie are awesome.

I don't know if he still does it, but I also liked Jeff Dee (for the D&D nerds out there, Jeff Dee used to do quite a bit of art for the game in the 80s).
Dying to live, living to die.
Nope, never have watched. Might have to now. "Dillahunty" sounds strangely erotic.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
On the whole I find the atheist experience to be quite watchable but I think Tracie Harris is a bit of a lightweight. Some of his video presentations on the other hand aren’t much cop, 'The Unholy Trinity Down Under' was a bit shite.
YMMV.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
Used to watch it regularly, but it became a bit like groundhog day.

As much as Matt et all dismantled religious arguments over and over - there was a never ending queue of dullards lining up to give the hosts the same old tired lines.

Massively missed Jeff Dee after he stopped doing the shows, too.
You are currently experiencing a lucky and very brief window of awareness, sandwiched in between two periods of timeless and utter nothingness. So why not make the most of it, and stop wasting your life away trying to convince other people that there is something else? The reality is obvious.

I like Matt. Hes very well versed in philosophy and all that. Just wish it wasnt so easy for him to lose his cool. Yes theists can be really frustrating, but cool it a little. Your buddies sitting next to you sometimes wish you were calmer, lol.
Big fan of the show!

Matt Dillahunty and Tracie Harris are the the best hosts. Both have impeccable logic and critical thinking skills.

Jeff Dee was pretty great from the old days.

I convert shows to MP3 and listen in my car in rush hour traffic pretty often.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Frustrating Atheist Experience zwanzig 5 1274 July 18, 2021 at 10:34 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Could this exciting 2019 comedy show about God, concern artificial intelligence? blue grey brain 8 1298 February 22, 2019 at 7:17 am
Last Post: Rahn127
  The Atheists of Today Show announcement ILoveMRHMWogglebugTE 17 4052 November 17, 2017 at 11:10 pm
Last Post: ILoveMRHMWogglebugTE
  Christianity Made Me Talk Like An Idiot Manowar 6 2712 June 25, 2017 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Experience of Atheists on Christian Forums Rhondazvous 29 6664 March 11, 2017 at 1:03 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Matt Dilahunty On What Would Change His Mind About God Edwardo Piet 14 5097 January 29, 2017 at 1:12 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Did anyone listen to atheist experience this week? Won2blv 12 4072 November 25, 2016 at 11:17 am
Last Post: MJ the Skeptical
  Closet Atheist Coming Out and Telling Family and Friends You're An Atheist Cholley71 10 7034 September 27, 2016 at 1:01 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Atheist Debates Project - Matt Dillahunty LadyForCamus 54 9814 September 6, 2016 at 8:32 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Naturalism explained by Matt Dillahunty mralstoner 0 956 January 10, 2016 at 4:32 am
Last Post: mralstoner