Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 9:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian Tattoo Cover-up
Christian Tattoo Cover-up
I have a chi rho tattooed on my back. I wanna do something with it, something science-y. I want the tattoo to show de-conversion somehow. I've got a few ideas, and and hoping that some people more creative than myself can give me some ideas.

[Image: 1-1.jpg]

[Image: 2.jpg]

Can you help?
RE: Christian Tattoo Cover-up
I'm not tatooed myself, but it's not particularly unusual for a tatoo artist to be an atheist, or at least professionally apathetic on religous issues. Consulting with a tatoo artist might be helpful.
I thought Chi Rho was place in Egypt............bazinga.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(January 21, 2014 at 1:50 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: I thought Chi Rho was place in Egypt............bazinga.

I see that all over the place. Wtf does it actually mean?

nevermind...opening google...
Rawr.

Sorry, what? All I see is a nice back and... lower back. Angel

If you turn around maybe we can help. I mean, everyone knows the ink on the back must match the person on the front.
Angel
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
(January 21, 2014 at 3:26 pm)Ivy Wrote: Rawr.

Sorry, what? All I see is a nice back and... lower back. Angel

If you turn around maybe we can help. I mean, everyone knows the ink on the back must match the person on the back.
Angel

Haha, thanks!

I'm not sure how turning around will help, but I'm a vain mo-fo. Why not. The only other tat I have is a Star Wars one, the Rebel Alliance emblem. Visible here:

[Image: sidechest.png]
Bumper stickers aren't enough for some people.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
(January 21, 2014 at 6:08 pm)Tea Earl Grey Hot Wrote: Bumper stickers aren't enough for some people.

Nope Big Grin

Body modification goes back for as long as humans have existed
[if you consider this a reputable source: http://www.lightspeedmagazine.com/nonfic...ification/].

Tattooing and piercing are parts of lots of cultures. Hell, even bodybuilding is kind of body modification.

I ain't even mad Cool Shades
To me good looking ink peaking out from under clothing is like a good cleavage. I adore inked bodies. This is why I have some of my own. I know of a few other AF members that have some and I love it. It has to be done right, and in the right places, of course. There is nothing I find more unattractive than a hand or face covered in ink. I mean, wrists are fine, but the back of the hand? Ghetto.

One of my best buddies has the face of Darwin tattoo. Love it! It looks just like Darwin! Great art. I make him flash everybody every time I introduce him. lol

No, bumper stickers are not enough.
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
I call shenanigans: you just want to show off your bod. Wink
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Man Dies after "Jesus is my Life" Tattoo Infected TheRealJoeFish 13 3878 June 5, 2017 at 4:16 pm
Last Post: Mr.Obvious
  First tattoo John V 22 4557 December 3, 2015 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: Joods
  FB Timeline cover Marsellus Wallace 9 1417 April 8, 2014 at 9:41 pm
Last Post: cromwell
  Atheist Tattoo? Braveheart 38 29782 April 24, 2013 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: Brayton.l
  Atheist tattoo advice Bio66 36 16557 February 4, 2012 at 1:01 am
Last Post: Cosmic Ape