Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Being a Fantasy nut!
Being a Fantasy nut!
If you could be any fantasy/sci-fi creature what would it be?
RE: Being a Fantasy nut!
Cthulhu
(January 21, 2014 at 10:49 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: If you could be any fantasy/sci-fi creature what would it be?

For sci-fi, either a Jedi or a Vulcan...actually I love pleasure, so change that to Romulan.

For fantasy, a Maia.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
Some sort of reality warping entity, I suppose.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I'd probably be one of the fey
I would be a Minbari.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Yahweh.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
Oh, I would also be a bender. Preferably an Avatar, but if that can't be arranged, I'll settle with Air Nomad. Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Fantasy: Belgarath
Sci-Fi: R. Daneel Olivaw
Sum ergo sum
(January 22, 2014 at 9:57 am)Ben Davis Wrote: Fantasy: Belgarath
Sci-Fi: R. Daneel Olivaw

Oooh! Yeah, to be Polgara would be awesome! :p

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any writers here (or readers, especially of Fantasy or Magic Realism)? Jillybean 27 862 March 6, 2024 at 8:41 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Sci-fi/fantasy author criticizes book store for stocking dead guys Foxaèr 9 1117 April 20, 2019 at 8:18 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  For Fantasy/Sci-Fiction Lovers: What Makes You Reada Book? Rhondazvous 51 5348 February 27, 2017 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  How I would create Final Fantasy m0nk3y 2 722 August 9, 2016 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Favorite Fantasy books and writers? ILoveMRHMWogglebugTE 15 3206 July 24, 2015 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Fantasy and Sci-Fi movies thread ILoveMRHMWogglebugTE 5 1471 July 22, 2015 at 8:34 am
Last Post: ILoveMRHMWogglebugTE
  MUST see for Fantasy and Sci-Fi fans thesummerqueen 2 2050 February 9, 2012 at 11:44 pm
Last Post: passionatefool
  Fantasy Literature? Galileo 9 3001 November 8, 2011 at 8:03 am
Last Post: Kayenneh
  The Inheritance Cycle (Fantasy) Samson 2 1552 January 6, 2010 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Samson