Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Being a Big Band/Contemp Jazz & Metallica fan...
Being a Big Band/Contemp Jazz & Metallica fan...
CHECK THIS SHIT OUT, 

REMAKE of "Nothing Else Matters", FUCKING BLEW ME AWAY!

RE: Being a Big Band/Contemp Jazz & Metallica fan...
I saw them a few years at my local House of Blues. Pretty good. I also follow Robyn Adele Anderson (sp), who I think used to date the pianist. She used to be part of the band proper, I think.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
I don't know what the cover is, BUT, just listened to a couple more, and I FUCKING LOVE THIS ONE TOO.

I fucking HATE Guns and Roses, but this version of "Welcome To The Jungle" is awesome!

I CAN DIE A FUCKING HAPPY MAN!

I am dead serious I LOVE THIS VERSION OF Blondie's Heart Of Glass!

I'm actually fairly familiar with PMJ, mostly through this video:

Also, I noticed that this was one of their most recent covers.

And now, I can't help but wonder when they'll try a Mills Brothers-style version, just four voices and a guitar (maybe even a 4-string version like John C. uses, maybe a tenor or a baritone uke):

To be fair, the Ink Spots are more popular these days, and might be a more popular choice, mostly because the Mills Brothers didn't license their music to Fallout and Bioshock, but that famous riff that opens EVERY SONG OF THEIRS doesn't seem to fit with "We Can't Stop."
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(April 14, 2018 at 9:13 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: I'm actually fairly familiar with PMJ, mostly through this video:

Also, I noticed that this was one of their most recent covers.

And now, I can't help but wonder when they'll try a Mills Brothers-style version, just four voices and a guitar (maybe even a 4-string version like John C. uses, maybe a tenor or a baritone uke):

There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING this cover band can do that sucks.

I am DEAD SERIOUS.

They can take ANY song back in time and do just as good if not better!

I LOVE the mixing of the generations and motifs!

This band reminds me of the 1980s Detective/Comedy show "Moonlighting"

One of my FAVORITE songs off of that soundtrack...

Another FAVORITE off the Blue Moon Soundtrack 

(April 14, 2018 at 6:40 pm)Brian37 Wrote: CHECK THIS SHIT OUT, 

REMAKE of "Nothing Else Matters", FUCKING BLEW ME AWAY!

Very nice, she has one hell of a voice, I will check out the other videos later when I have time to enjoy them. Smile
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Big squarish dick-thing in Dune? Gawdzilla Sama 26 1421 January 10, 2024 at 1:16 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  The First Tangible Result of the Biden Administration: Getting the Band Back Together Rev. Rye 0 220 January 18, 2021 at 1:09 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Will you miss the big theaters? Gawdzilla Sama 51 3455 January 13, 2021 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  David and San Jazz ith. Brian37 20 893 November 20, 2020 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  F Hendrix, F Metallica, F Led Zeppelin. Brian37 51 2787 January 20, 2020 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: no one
  I love ABBA, Metallica, Rush and these guys. Brian37 22 1984 May 25, 2019 at 7:27 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Unofficial Big Bang Theory fan thread. Brian37 34 10177 May 19, 2019 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Alan V
  Top Jazz artist I love.. Brian37 8 863 December 9, 2018 at 9:59 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  The Big Picture (Sean Carroll) GrandizerII 5 1101 February 6, 2018 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Unofficial Metallica Thread.... Brian37 10 854 November 30, 2017 at 7:30 am
Last Post: Sal