Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 30, 2024, 4:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ROCKET LAUNCH IN 3 MINUTES!
ROCKET LAUNCH IN 3 MINUTES!
From Virginia. Many on east coast can possibly see it, from Main to Florida and inland as far as Michigan, where I'll be watching from!
RE: ROCKET LAUNCH IN 3 MINUTES!
http://www.ulalaunch.com/site/pages/Webcast.shtml

This one?

Weird hold related, I guess, to data loss.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Well the launch was fun to watch but when I ran outside I didn't see anything. The skies are pretty clear too. Undecided
That was really cool, c172. Thanks for pointing that site out to me. I am an astronomy nerd, and I didn't know ULA had a launch stream. Now I do, and I will have to invent excuses not to go out with my lady so I can watch launches.

Hope there's no more RF telemetry drop outs, that was almost anti-climactic.
(January 23, 2014 at 10:42 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: That was really cool, c172. Thanks for pointing that site out to me. I am an astronomy nerd, and I didn't know ULA had a launch stream. Now I do, and I will have to invent excuses not to go out with my lady so I can watch launches.

Hope there's no more RF telemetry drop outs, that was almost anti-climactic.

Actually, I do finds it a bit suspenseful, even though most of the jargon is way over my head. I just find it impressive that those people do know what's happening, or could be happening, and can speak sp fluently in that language.

Also, I miss dressing up in a nice shirt and tie. It's a good look for a guy.

T-3min, finallly.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
DAMMIT I WAS AT WORK!! ;___;
I kind of had an ADD moment around T-:05, and started staring into space and somewhat missed the actual launch. But hey. Replays.
(January 24, 2014 at 2:03 am)c172 Wrote: I kind of had an ADD moment around T-:05, and started staring into space and somewhat missed the actual launch. But hey. Replays.

I think the launch in the link was delayed because it took off on the NASA channel around 9:33 PM EST but when I went to link about 10 minutes afterward the rocket was still being prepared.
It is a great news that rocket is launching in 3 minutes. It is the result of fast technology, which is growing in the world rapidly.
Dude. Time warp?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  6 and a half minutes of "terror"... Brian37 39 1881 November 26, 2018 at 8:47 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Rocket Science Haipule 4 584 July 14, 2018 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: Haipule
  Galileo Launch #13/14 NOW Alex K 3 633 May 24, 2016 at 5:09 am
Last Post: Alex K
  The universe in 4 minutes Napoléon 2 987 May 23, 2016 at 7:52 pm
Last Post: Marsellus Wallace
  SpaceX Dragon launch today Alex K 0 668 January 6, 2015 at 3:35 am
  Orion Launch now Alex K 4 932 December 5, 2014 at 4:45 pm
  Space-X CRS-1 Launch popeyespappy 3 1980 October 7, 2012 at 8:59 pm