Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
xkcd nails climate change deniers
xkcd nails climate change deniers
[Image: cold1.png]

Drives me just a little more nuts every time someone says something stupid like that.
RE: xkcd nails climate change deniers
Then do yourself a favor and stay away from FOX News.
I live in St. Louis. No shit.
"Climate change denier" is a way for those who promote the green agenda to to smear rational skeptics into submitting to the tyrannical eco-political nightmare. I have watched any documentaries on this, most from the alarmist point of view. They now even teach global warming in the schools; brainwashing young children into accepting this ideological agenda. No one (except a few gullible leftists) actually believes that global warming is real. The green politicians know that they are just pulling numbers out of their ass. The entire green agenda is reactionary in the extreme & would have us go back to primitive hunter/gatherer societies, as well as destroy the free market.

[Image: 1314178603790_9864329.png]
I'm not going to touch that.
I only know two things...

The global climate will and always has changed

There is a noted warming trend.

Are we the cause of this? I don't know since these things have been noted to be a regular occurrence prior to the advent of industrialisation and population explosion. Is AGW being manipulated for political/ financial gain?....... You betcha!
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
The science is too overwhelming for my skepticism.

And, if there was really significant money and power to be gained from the idea, corporations and conservative politicians would definitely NOT be in denial of it.
Winds took mah roof today. Clearly this is evidence that the climate has changed, as this hasn't happen before. I stand corrected.

Apparently your side of the lake gets willy-willys damaging roofs all the time kichi, same as down near rocking ham/mandurah though not as severe. Huh, the things you learn after roof tiles enter your living room uninvited. (and yes, happened today of all days just after noon, barely a cloud in sight)
Nemo me impune lacessit.
(January 25, 2014 at 9:07 am)Stue Denim Wrote: Winds took mah roof today. Clearly this is evidence that the climate has changed, as this hasn't happen before. I stand corrected.

Apparently your side of the lake gets willy-willys damaging roofs all the time kichi, same as down near rocking ham/mandurah though not as severe. Huh, the things you learn after roof tiles enter your living room uninvited. (and yes, happened today of all days just after noon, barely a cloud in sight)

Shit man! You and yours OK? Didn't even notice a change in the easterlies! Usually our shade sail comes adrift in strong wind but nothing like that happened today! Undecided
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Someone's head was only a foot away from where tiles came in, so they were a bit shaken, and their hair full of insulation, but yes we're all unhurt.

Yeah we had the S.E.S round, they were great, phenomenal even (a neighbour's house got hit as well, by our tiles and what we think can only have been the willy willy). Insurance was a pain to deal with though. Everything fell in at the exact right spots we think, landing on rugs so not even the floor tiles were damged. Only the rood/ceiling and spa

If you drive along BBroad towards the freeway, just past the huge roundabout, look to your left, and you'll see the tarp on a red roofed house.
Nemo me impune lacessit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why did I (an atheist) legally change my name to "Dog"? ignoramus 13 1294 July 13, 2020 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: A. Secular Human
  Doonesbury Nails the WLB Today Minimalist 1 597 July 30, 2017 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Satire at it's finest, SNL nails the Presidential Debate! Arkilogue 9 2716 October 12, 2016 at 3:40 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Bibles, guns, and freedom. Keep the change. Losty 19 3316 October 15, 2015 at 9:57 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  XKCD Margaret zebo-the-fat 1 688 June 30, 2015 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How Many Creationists Does It Take To Change A Lightbulb? RonaldReagansGhost666 6 2925 January 15, 2013 at 5:52 am
Last Post: Welsh cake