Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eugenics
Eugenics
What are your opinions on eugenics? I myself strongly support voluntary promotional eugenics, & believe that the government should pay less desirable people to stop breeding.
RE: Eugenics
(January 28, 2014 at 2:27 pm)EgoRaptor Wrote: What are your opinions on eugenics? I myself strongly support voluntary promotional eugenics, & believe that the government should pay less desirable people to stop breeding.

Eugenics has already been tried many times and failed horribly every single time. Someone would have to be pretty darn ignorant of history and pretty damn arrogant to think, of all the forms of eugenics that's been attmpted over the years, theirs will work.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
The government already does not want to pay people what they are due. What makes you think the government will pay people to stop breeding?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Little boy, did your mommy give you stupid juice or something? I think we've been through this before. What exactly do you think the undesirables in our lovely world are? Please tell I'd love to know what people you want to deprive of their reproductive rights so badly?
(January 28, 2014 at 2:27 pm)EgoRaptor Wrote: What are your opinions on eugenics? I myself strongly support voluntary promotional eugenics, & believe that the government should pay less desirable people to stop breeding.

How much are you after?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Well, I definitely think some people shouldn't be allowed to breed. I feel like a lot of people breed cause that's what your suppose to do. Eugenics is a little extreme, I think the human race needs a culture change and a better understanding of population and it's effect of ecosystems.
(January 28, 2014 at 2:34 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: Little boy, did your mommy give you stupid juice or something? I think we've been through this before. What exactly do you think the undesirables in our lovely world are? Please tell I'd love to know what people you want to deprive of their reproductive rights so badly?
I wouldn't deprive anyone of their reproductive rights, I would merely have it so that they revive a special pension if they so choose not to breed.

I think everyone with an IQ lower than average should be eligible for such a pension.
But then wouldn't the average IQ keep rising to where only MENSA-eligible people would be encouraged to reproduce?
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(January 28, 2014 at 2:49 pm)c172 Wrote: But then wouldn't the average IQ keep rising to where only MENSA-eligible people would be encouraged to reproduce?
Ya, that is the point.

(January 28, 2014 at 2:35 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:

How much are you after?
I'm not looking for any money. I had my IQ taken years ago & scored in the 99th percentile.
(January 28, 2014 at 2:51 pm)EgoRaptor Wrote: I'm not looking for any money. I had my IQ taken years ago & scored in the 99th percentile.

Most of your posts sure sound like someone on the low end of that 99th percentile.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Editing the "germ line" with CRISPR AKA "eugenics" Duty 9 1076 March 26, 2020 at 3:00 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  We must de-stigmatize eugenics Alexmahone 62 5913 August 17, 2018 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Eugenics/Designer-babies... is the concept really that bad? Aoi Magi 112 11575 August 16, 2017 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  What do you think about Eugenics? Twisted 47 7663 June 19, 2015 at 7:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger