Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 4:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Member-Nomination Awards Thread
Member-Nomination Awards Thread
Yeah, I'm gonna have to say I was a little underwhelmed by this years' members awards. And lets be honest, we all waited all year for them . Tongue

There's so many members here that are due credit where credit is due, and I think it'd be a good chance for the staff to see what our peers see and hear and think about us, while giving an example of most exemplary posts, in case they have need for new moderators or whatnot. There's a lot of unsung heroes around here that I'd like to sing about, and have a place to voice my nominations for mod-hood.

Also, just a note because I know TEGH is thinkin it: You cannot nominate yourself.

1) name the person, and name what kind of award you give them
2) provide a link to a post that exemplifies the nomination
3) that's it

My first Nomination would be:

xPastor

For his exemplary posting in the face of .. well, Drich. Despite being put through the ringer about his ex-pastorial qualifications.

http://atheistforums.org/thread-21913-po...#pid546650
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
RE: Member-Nomination Awards Thread
This Award for last years epic troll Mister Catfish aka: Cuntfish, aka: crybaby, aka: thank god he's banned, is:

[Image: 2126009151_179da56f3f.jpg]
[Image: 700-968-Douche%20Bag%20of%20the%20Year%20Award.jpg]

(January 16, 2013 at 11:20 pm)catfish Wrote:
(January 16, 2013 at 11:01 pm)Surtr Wrote: If you can tell me what the "real" translation is, please do. And also point out to me the verses where it is explained how one gets out of hell and what circumstances have to be in place for one to do so.
Oh no, I will NOT be spoon feeding you knowledge. That is something you must do for yourself...

Here's some help though...
catfish Wrote: I'm not the one "running away", you are...
What is the true meaning of "eonian"???

For fuck's sake, Catfish.

I checked your link and it had the SAME EXACT TRANSLATIONS as the ones I posted. That backfired, didn't it?

As in, I know eonian does not mean eternal. Or does it?
1. eonian - of or relating to a geological eon (longer than an era)
aeonian
2. eonian - continuing forever or indefinitely; "the ageless themes of love and revenge"; "eternal truths"; "life everlasting"; "hell's perpetual fires"; "the unending bliss of heaven" ageless, eternal, everlasting, perpetual, unceasing, unending, aeonian lasting, permanent - continuing or enduring without marked change in status or condition or place; "permanent secretary to the president"; "permanent address"; "literature of permanent value"

Notice how most of the examples for the "everlasting" definition of eonian were religious ones. Even an example of hell's eternal punishment is thrown in there!
cuntfish Wrote:You still won't admit what eonian really means?
We're done here..
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

I nominate sinnersburninhell100 for the Golden Troll Award.
[Image: troll-award.png]
They never posted anything reasonable, so here is all their ridiculous posts: http://atheistforums.org/search.php?acti...8330a98aad
I nominate TEGH for masterful sockpuppetry. He told me he has 10 Sockpuppets but has never been caught.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
Faith No More

Quirkiest Thread GIF Commentary Award

[Image: @A$$-AWARD----Bild.jpg]

In the "slavery and rape are okay thread"

(September 10, 2013 at 4:48 pm)Faith No More Wrote: This thread...

[Image: throwing-up.gif]

Drich...

[Image: tumblr_mk9efgRrX11r0ftodo1_250.gif]

WHOSE ASS IS THAT?!
Well, now I have to nominate Luckie for her ability to recognize a good post when she sees one.

I'm not sure what's up with the framed ass, though.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(January 29, 2014 at 12:13 pm)No_God Wrote: WHOSE ASS IS THAT?!

It's mine Tongue

(January 29, 2014 at 12:45 pm)Faith No More Wrote: Well, now I have to nominate Luckie for her ability to recognize a good post when she sees one.

I'm not sure what's up with the framed ass, though.

You try to find an award for Quirkiest Thread Gif Commentary award.
Then talk to the butt Big Grin

[Image: Dat_Ass-s300x287-286051.jpg]
(January 30, 2014 at 10:38 pm)Luckie Wrote:
(January 30, 2014 at 9:45 am)Chas Wrote: What? No 'Miss Congeniality'? I was a shoo-in for that.Angry

I award Chas the Miss Congeniality Award

[Image: 2000+miss+congeniality+1.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Member Commentary on announcements and staff logs thread The Valkyrie 139 10022 July 6, 2022 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  AF member map brewer 17 1076 July 18, 2021 at 7:28 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  What happened to member awards 2019? Cod 21 3077 July 13, 2019 at 2:50 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4131 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  Which Banned AF Member Are You? Edwardo Piet 54 7526 May 1, 2018 at 11:06 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  AF member’s welcome mats Losty 17 1650 March 23, 2018 at 7:35 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  The Member Appreciation Thread. Kernel Sohcahtoa 42 8704 September 6, 2017 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Anyone of you been a member of fearbush.com? abaris 8 2729 July 15, 2017 at 7:59 am
Last Post: brewer
  Member Collage 2011 Tiberius 3 913 October 27, 2016 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Would you have a relationship with a member of your immediate family? rado84 134 8055 October 11, 2016 at 3:22 am
Last Post: MJ the Skeptical