Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
juts done
juts done
10 years...all my intellect...everything changed.
i was so certain about the christian faith.
i can even defend it to this today.

BUT - this feeling of perpetual GUILT can NOT be right.
help
RE: juts done
What are you guilty about?
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
What have you done? Confess.
Yeah, that didn't come over the way it was intended KUSA

Maybe a better question would be why feel guilty just because religion wants you to?
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(January 31, 2014 at 9:28 pm)over Wrote: 10 years...all my intellect...everything changed.

help

If it is guilt from leaving the faith then it is the Holy Spirit, if it is hope it doesn't stop.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
Sorry G-C but that is the sort of nonsense she is over.

By the way, how is the furniture projects going?

Both religion and atheism can be done poorly or well. Just as atheism need not entail hand-wringing nihilism, I suspect that religion, even your specific religion, may not in any sense "require" the sense of guilt you seem to be struggling with. Maybe you might want to consider how the way you've chosen to view things may be contributing to your issue, instead of looking for a gift-wrapped target to blame things on?

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(January 31, 2014 at 9:28 pm)over Wrote: 10 years...all my intellect...everything changed.

help

Biblical Christianity is freedom from sin. Which means it is also freedom from guilt.
Re: RE: juts done
(January 31, 2014 at 10:11 pm)KUSA Wrote: What have you done? Confess.

I was actually joking when I said this. I should have put a smiley there.

(January 31, 2014 at 10:20 pm)Godschild Wrote: if it is hope it doesn't stop.
GC
You are deranged for saying that. Why would you want someone to be tormented over some bullshit?
Jesus freaks love that kind of bullshit.

They just KNOW that everybody who gives them a hard time will burn in hell and that makes them so happy.

Cocksuckers.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is WLC done debating? Jehanne 8 1631 September 4, 2018 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Why would this be so hard to have done? Astonished 25 8406 July 1, 2017 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Dear God, Eve what have you done? Belac Enrobso 92 26397 January 10, 2014 at 2:18 am
Last Post: Esquilax