Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 2, 2024, 11:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear God, Eve what have you done?
Dear God, Eve what have you done?
Any opinions on Eve in genesis of the bible?

She did take the first bite of the apple, which led to the eternal cursing of mankind.

She also gave birth to three sons, just sons.

Any opinions, comments, concerns?

I'd like to hear them!
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done?
I think it's absolutely ridiculous. The strangest thing to me, it seems, is that Eve was made from Adam's ribs. If that were true, they would have the exact same genetic material. The reason incest leads to mutation and defects is because such things are more likely to happen when genetic material between the sperm and the egg is similar. The IPU knows what would happen when the genetics are absolutely the same... also, assuming that they had children, and their children had children, and their children's children's children had children, all the way down to us, purely by chance, we would have little to NONE genetic variance, unless Adam and Eve had one recessive gene for each trait, which is RIDICULOUSLY unlikely. Also, I might add, since she only did have sons, her sons had to breed with her, and that leads to even more of a chance of defects, as well as the fact that Leviticus states that incest is a sin.
Oh, and I don't know much about hematology, but I'm pretty sure that if they had the exact same blood type as well, there wouldn't be variations of blood type.
¨I contend that we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you. When you understand why you dismiss all other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.¨
That answer was boss, so much science it made me proud to say this:

There's hope after all.
Here's what I don't get.

If the sons bred with Eve, why does she only have 3 sons? Are their children just omitted from the record?
(January 4, 2014 at 12:17 am)Belac Enrobso Wrote: That answer was boss, so much science it made me proud to say this:

There's hope after all.

Well, hope is something you have when a good thing is possible, not when a good thing is probable.
¨I contend that we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you. When you understand why you dismiss all other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.¨
(January 4, 2014 at 12:24 am)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: Here's what I don't get.

If the sons bred with Eve, why does she only have 3 sons? Are their children just omitted from the record?

Oh my God,(excuse the cliche') I really never thought of it like that.
The bible lies after all.
(January 4, 2014 at 12:24 am)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: Here's what I don't get.

Wow, I didn't think of that.

Now, I'm going to waste the time I could be using to do deep and intelligent thinking that could shift the paradigm of everyone someday to play cookie clicker.
Maybe some bible expert will come along and enlighten us.
I'm waiting for it, I and childofreason here will have a hella can of logical woop-ass to unleash on them.
(January 3, 2014 at 11:57 pm)Belac Enrobso Wrote: Any opinions on Eve in genesis of the bible?
several.

Quote:She did take the first bite of the apple,
yes

Quote:which led to the eternal cursing of mankind.
no.

Quote:She also gave birth to three sons, just sons.
no. three recorded or named sons. In genesis 5 'many sons and daughters' were mentioned.

Quote:Any opinions, comments, concerns?

I'd like to hear them!

http://atheistforums.org/thread-14190.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dear God, please soften their hearts... zwanzig 12 1037 August 6, 2023 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Adam & Eve T.J. 4 1080 November 6, 2021 at 11:49 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The Adam & Eve Myth - Origins Gwaithmir 125 13787 July 13, 2019 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Is WLC done debating? Jehanne 8 1657 September 4, 2018 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Dear Xristards Don't Pick On Muslims Minimalist 20 2573 July 24, 2017 at 1:40 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Why would this be so hard to have done? Astonished 25 8433 July 1, 2017 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Dear Atheists ParagonLost 111 15689 December 1, 2016 at 12:49 am
Last Post: GOĐ
  Christians, would you have saved Jesus, if you had he chance? Simon Moon 294 34742 July 2, 2016 at 11:23 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Christians Make Me Sick ~ Eve th Nice Ones Rhondazvous 16 3285 May 17, 2016 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Dear god dyresand 14 1741 May 3, 2016 at 8:37 pm
Last Post: dyresand