Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Awesome videogame instrumental covers
Awesome videogame instrumental covers
Title's a bit of a mouthful I know, but never mind.

Basically, this potentially-shortlived thread is meant to showcase the most awesome examples of classic videogame themes and soundtracks that have been turned into orchestrated masterpieces. I'll start.

Back in the mid-80s, Gremlin Graphics unveiled their response to the infamously escalated Miners' Strike, Wanted: Monty Mole, for the Spectrum and C64. Its first sequel, Monty On The Run, has been regarded as one of the finest examples of computer platform games of all time. It certainly has an amazing signature theme; one that has burned itself into the psyche of everyone from that era. Here's the original for reference:

And here's its stunning guitar cover:

There's also a full orchestral version but it's nowhere near as amazing.

Anyone else have a favourite or three?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
RE: Awesome videogame instrumental covers
well... I have no idea if they made instrumentals of these, but... they deserve it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2exSUTMbUA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rh1Y9zgmF8

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Covers that are (in your opinion) better than the origionals Theswordismyleopard 15 733 August 30, 2020 at 7:58 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Covers that are (in your opinion) better than the origionals Theswordismyleopard 0 183 August 29, 2020 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Theswordismyleopard
  Awesome names for baby boys and baby girls ErGingerbreadMandude 37 3648 February 14, 2018 at 2:40 am
Last Post: energizer bunny
  Christians, This is Why You Shouldn't Evangelize to Us - Another awesome TAV video IanHulett 10 2551 August 10, 2015 at 4:16 am
Last Post: abaris
  Forum Game: You're awesome! Jericho 21 2833 May 17, 2015 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: Longhorn
  Reasons Dave Grohl is Awesome Cinjin 14 5338 April 29, 2014 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Awesome and beautiful apartment abandoned for 70s discovered almost untouched Ryantology 10 3522 February 3, 2014 at 2:51 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Sometimes, nightmares are awesome JosephBowie 11 4045 April 22, 2013 at 7:41 am
Last Post: A_Nony_Mouse
  Tiberius is wicked awesome Shell B 16 4456 November 27, 2012 at 3:49 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  This site is awesome! Check it out. Gambit 4 2212 June 22, 2012 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: Gambit