Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shows that were supposed to be funny but we're just stupid
Shows that were supposed to be funny but we're just stupid
Family Guy

SouthPark
Friends

The Bernie Mac Show

The Cleveland Show
RE: Shows that were supposed to be funny but we're just stupid
Friends?!? Friends?!!?

For me, the UK office. I know it's supposed to be the best comedy ever made, but the only time I LOL hysterically was when Brent said: "there's a rape upstairs."
For me it would be Ren and Stimpy, and shows like that. Though it was made for adults, so of course I wouldn't be into it back when I was a kid. Also shows like Bobobo Bobobobo, which were just too silly to watch.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Oh, where to start:

Absolutely Fabulous

Gimme Gimme Gimme

South Park

Harry Enfield And Chums

The Fast Show

Two Point Four Children

(Thanks, I feel soiled now...)
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I have very little patience for TV now. But I will say I felt that The Simpsons just dragged on and on.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
What's with the south park hate up in here?
The ultimate: Two and a Half Men. WHO is the dumbass that has kept that show on the air so long?
(February 3, 2014 at 12:21 am)FlyingNarwhal Wrote: What's with the south park hate up in here?

Not hate, so much as not particularly funny. In my opinion, of course.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(February 3, 2014 at 12:33 am)Stimbo Wrote: Not hate, so much as not particularly funny. In my opinion, of course.
I thought the episode where they parodied Isaac Hayes' conversion to Scientology and sudden departure from the show was pretty hilarious.

And the one where they parodied the 2004 elections as being between a douche and a shit sandwich. My parents voted for Mickey Mouse that year. In my school's mock election, they just had a ballot with a checkbox next to Kerry and Bush's name. I physically wrote in "Wonder Woman" and made my own checkbox and checked it.
The Big Bang Theory, I know it's popular but I hate it.

If there was a section on shows that were supposed to be serious but turned out to be funny I'd have to put down The Man from U.N.C.L.E.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Game shows and BS superstition. Brian37 5 300 October 27, 2020 at 3:59 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Rambo: Last Blood (what were you thinking Stallone?) GrandizerII 47 2506 October 3, 2019 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  A different type of indoctrination! - funny ignoramus 4 458 November 29, 2018 at 11:14 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Billionaire investor Tom Steyer: "Why Tax Cuts for the Rich Are So Stupid" Aegon 3 505 September 30, 2018 at 7:40 pm
Last Post: brewer
  I like this...very cool and funny skeptic ignoramus 6 697 May 19, 2018 at 1:18 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Kitten shows pitbull who's the boss! ignoramus 3 749 December 22, 2017 at 3:06 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  This is Funny. Minimalist 2 604 March 1, 2017 at 11:07 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Funny Donald Trump videos scoobysnack 12 2343 February 20, 2017 at 7:41 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  My Top 10 Educational Shows Mechaghostman2 6 1240 July 9, 2016 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  My Top 10 Stupid Fun Movies Mechaghostman2 7 1264 July 8, 2016 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla