Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTF 1950s
WTF 1950s
I was bored and wondered..."gee, I wonder how they taught sex to kids in the 1950s" so I went on YouTube. I was fairly shocked. They're so explicit. I thought it being the 50s and all it would be full of innuendo and metaphor but no, it's all so straightforward. What gets me the most is how the kids and adults in these films are completely unashamed at all about what's being discussed. It's like they're talking about just any old subject.

Here's something by Disney from the 40s:

There's many more but you get the idea.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
RE: WTF 1950s
Omg those videos are chocked full of potential radio sound bites. Wink Shades

(February 4, 2014 at 9:24 pm)Tea Earl Grey Hot Wrote: I was bored and wondered..."gee, I wonder how they taught sex to kids in the 1950s" so I went on YouTube. I was fairly shocked. They're so explicit. I thought it being the 50s and all it would be full of innuendo and metaphor but no, it's all so straightforward. What gets me the most is how the kids and adults in these films are completely unashamed at all about what's being discussed. It's like they're talking about just any old subject.

shocked????

Well, first of all, even in the 1950's there existed people with brains in their heads. I'm sure many christards attempted to keep these sort of films from reaching the public school system, but lets not forget that Elvis and his pelvis came out of the same decade. Even during repressed times, there are still plenty of enlightened ones to teach the world.

Secondly, they're actors bro. They're saying things that they would never say in front of their real parents/coaches. Even in today's society, no one goes around saying, "Hey guess what, I had a wet dream last night and semen came out of my penis."

I'm not remotely shocked by these videos. However, I would be shocked to find that even a handful of public schools were able to show them without some group of religious fucktards blowing up about how indecent it all was.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Wondering about kids and sex.....are you becoming Catholic?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(February 4, 2014 at 10:35 pm)Cinjin Wrote: Omg those videos are chocked full of potential radio sound bites. Wink Shades

(February 4, 2014 at 9:24 pm)Tea Earl Grey Hot Wrote: I was bored and wondered..."gee, I wonder how they taught sex to kids in the 1950s" so I went on YouTube. I was fairly shocked. They're so explicit. I thought it being the 50s and all it would be full of innuendo and metaphor but no, it's all so straightforward. What gets me the most is how the kids and adults in these films are completely unashamed at all about what's being discussed. It's like they're talking about just any old subject.

shocked????

Well, first of all, even in the 1950's there existed people with brains in their heads. I'm sure many christards attempted to keep these sort of films from reaching the public school system, but lets not forget that Elvis and his pelvis came out of the same decade. Even during repressed times, there are still plenty of enlightened ones to teach the world.

Secondly, they're actors bro. They're saying things that they would never say in front of their real parents/coaches. Even in today's society, no one goes around saying, "Hey guess what, I had a wet dream last night and semen came out of my penis."

I'm not remotely shocked by these videos. However, I would be shocked to find that even a handful of public schools were able to show them without some group of religious fucktards blowing up about how indecent it all was.

It's really the jarring clash between the 1950's stereotypical naivety and sort of overly polite and overly optimistic attitude (think Leave it to Beaver) and the sexual explicit language in these videos. Those are two mutually exclusive qualities in my mind. Here we have "ejaculation" in the same breath as "gee golly that's swell!" I know everyone weren't prudes back then but to see non-prudish language in the context stereotypical prudish '50s settings (the nuclear family household...the classroom etc) is completely wtf.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WTF does this mean? Edwardo Piet 33 3530 August 1, 2015 at 1:05 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  WTF! ignoramus 11 1360 August 2, 2014 at 6:06 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
Question Sleep Injuries... WTF? ShaMan 26 4084 June 17, 2014 at 7:56 am
Last Post: John V
  A WTF Moment... Erinome 35 7159 September 28, 2012 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: Annik
  WTF Redskins? Brian37 0 722 September 1, 2012 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Orvillecopter WTF!! Zen Badger 6 2332 June 8, 2012 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  WTF? thesummerqueen 25 6990 April 10, 2012 at 2:42 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  WTF? Man rips out his eyeballs in church frankiej 39 4955 October 4, 2011 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Minimalist