Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 9:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Harold Ramis
RIP Harold Ramis
http://www.tmz.com/2014/02/24/harold-ramis-dead/

Quote:According to his family, the writer-director passed away early this morning at his Chicago home from complications stemming from autoimmune inflammatory vasculitis, a rare disease involving the swelling of blood vessels. He was surrounded by his family.

Ramis was 69.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
RE: RIP Harold Ramis
Talented guy. What a shame.
I gotta watch Ghostbusters again. Or Groundhog Day. Or both. Sucks.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3v_ogRaTf4

Now collecting spores, moulds and fungus in a different way.

Harold Ramis you made me laugh.

RIP

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I believe things happen that can't be explained, but so many people seem intent on explaining them. Everyone has an answer for them. Either aliens or things from the spirit world.

Harold Ramis
[Image: atheist_zpsbed2d91b.png]
I'm feeling way more mournful about this than I would imagine.

It feels like a piece of my childhood just died.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Well, he and his work will live forever onscreen. As another of my childhood icons - the great Tom "Fourth Doctor" Baker - once put it, the living are being entertained by the dead.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(February 24, 2014 at 5:00 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Well, he and his work will live forever onscreen. As another of my childhood icons - the great Tom "Fourth Doctor" Baker - once put it, the living are being entertained by the dead.

Tom Baker - my favourite Dr. Who of all time. Course - I've missed a few.

Remember the one with the maggots - the Green Death I think. Didn't sleep properly for weeks after that one.
Kuusi palaa, ja on viimeinen kerta kun annan vaimoni laittaa jouluvalot!
Back when the BBC really tried to make good, interesting, scary drama.

The Green Death was Jon Pertwee, by the way - the one whom was described by Tom Baker as "a tall lightbulb".
The original mannequins episode terrified the shit out of me...

But I digress. Ramis was, is and shall be a legend.
[Image: atheist_zpsbed2d91b.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RIP Stan Lee Rev. Rye 22 1282 November 13, 2018 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  RIP Micheál Ó Súilleabháin GUBU 1 235 November 12, 2018 at 6:19 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Is this song a rip off? paulpablo 11 1961 April 25, 2016 at 5:52 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  RIP David Honeyboy Edwards frankiej 0 1024 September 1, 2011 at 10:02 am
Last Post: frankiej