Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay Vicar To Marry Atheist Partner
Gay Vicar To Marry Atheist Partner
A little while ago I was thinking about the CofE Church that baptised my bastard sister and I when when we were kids, so I had a little google and found this story.

For people who would rather not click:

I remember Father Andrew from when I was a kid. He used to be my Primary School's Vicar, and he did my Church Letter to help me get into the Secondary School I wanted to go to. Very nice man. I hope he doesn't lose his job over this. It will be interesting to see if the Church tries to do anything about it, especially as he has so much support from other members of the clergy and his own congregation. I think this could be an interesting. Maybe it will encourage the Church to allow same-sex weddings to take place in their Churches. Or maybe it will make them more stubborn. We'll see.
RE: Gay Vicar To Marry Atheist Partner
(March 5, 2014 at 5:07 pm)NoraBrimstone Wrote: A little while ago I was thinking about the CofE Church that baptised my bastard sister and I when when we were kids, so I had a little google and found this story.

For people who would rather not click:

I remember Father Andrew from when I was a kid. He used to be my Primary School's Vicar, and he did my Church Letter to help me get into the Secondary School I wanted to go to. Very nice man. I hope he doesn't lose his job over this. It will be interesting to see if the Church tries to do anything about it, especially as he has so much support from other members of the clergy and his own congregation. I think this could be an interesting. Maybe it will encourage the Church to allow same-sex weddings to take place in their Churches. Or maybe it will make them more stubborn. We'll see.
You know it's almost as if hey what if your church leader is dealing in drugs - let him continue in his lifestyle and lead the church?

We have huge, massive double standards in society. For instance, tobacco is legal and regulated and very, very heavily taxed - and pot is illegal. The typical fine for possessing small amounts of pot including plants for personal use is: confiscation and sometimes a small fine.

The penalty for growing a tobacco plant for personal use in Australia: $50,000 fine and 2 years in gaol. No I'm not kidding, the maximum offence permissible under the law for possessing personal-use pot is no where near that.

Anglicans can be that way too. I can't find the website I want at the moment, I thought it was this one, lol, but clearly not (FYI BDB is a good friend of mine and a member of Dr Mulquiney's church so our comments are worth a read lol! Look at us disagreeing Anglicans!!)
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Three Christian Women marry Jesus Divinity 21 4343 July 14, 2017 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  gay or atheist? mcolafson 57 7959 September 3, 2016 at 12:27 am
Last Post: Jenny A
  Former Ex-Gay Activist Admits Gay People Don’t Change Rev. Rye 64 24853 December 30, 2011 at 6:46 pm
Last Post: TheDarkestOfAngels