Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
gay or atheist?
gay or atheist?
what would your parents rather hear

that you are gay or that you don't think you need love of Jesus?
RE: gay or atheist?
Gaytheist
Are you trying to decide which is best to tell your parents?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Oh boy. I can add even more fun twists to this one.

My parents didn't seem bothered at all when I came out as bisexual. They probably would have had the same reaction if I said I was gay.

My parents were really pissed off and wanted to hear nothing more about it when my brother and I told them we didn't believe in a god. I think my dad blew a gasket.

However, I'm essentially no longer part of the family since I came out as transgender. This was the big one that ended it all. We don't talk anymore.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
They couldn't care less whether I love Jesus. But they really wanted grandchildren Tongue
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

As a parent there is absolutely nothing my kids could tell me about themselves that would make me love them any less, I could not live life without my kids.

Having been cut off from most in my family for years, and not speaking to my parents for decades over choices I made in my life, I couldn't put them through any of that shit.
"Mom, Dad, I have brain cancer and I only have six months to live!"

"Oh, no!"

"Just kidding, I only gay."
Since I already have many, many children.....I'm guessing my mother wouldn't give a shit in either case.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 31, 2016 at 6:39 am)Rhythm Wrote: Since I already have many, many children.....I'm guessing my mother wouldn't give a shit in either case.

How many is many many?
I doubt coming out as gay would change much with my parents. They are quite accepting and would welcome anyone I brought into the family with respect and love.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gay Vicar To Marry Atheist Partner NoraBrimstone 1 999 March 6, 2014 at 8:10 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Former Ex-Gay Activist Admits Gay People Don’t Change Rev. Rye 64 24692 December 30, 2011 at 6:46 pm
Last Post: TheDarkestOfAngels