Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hot poker tip
Hot poker tip
So it's my usual game. We've been playing together about 5 years so we mostly know each other. But tonight I was distracted by a sudden and violent attack of the "green apple splammers" half way through the game.

Interesting, in spite of the disastrous effect on my concentration, I ended up £25 quid up from a £10 buy in in less than 90 minutes. People just kept calling me.

Which leads me to think I must have a tell. Obviously when I'm bluffing I generally look like a man struggling to control a violent bowel movement.

I'm not sure if this is a useful discovery or not.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
RE: Hot poker tip
I'm a decent poker player. I actually prefer Five-Card Stud, which just isn't as popular as Texas Hold 'Em these days. I tell you though, if I play a certain caliber of player, I get my ass kicked hard.
True of all of us. There's always someone better.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
Edited: Sorry picture was far too big.

It was a red hot tip of a fire poker

Completely failed attempt at humour.
Dying to live, living to die.
Um, Beccs, WTF?
That's a big poker. What do you do with that thing?

ETA: Maybe a little smaller image?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Yeah, screwed that one up . . .
Dying to live, living to die.
Did you start a fire and heat up a poker for that joke? If so that's the greatest thing I've seen in a while, and absolutely NOT a failed attempt at humor. That is commitment!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(March 6, 2014 at 6:50 pm)Jacob(smooth) Wrote: True of all of us. There's always someone better.

I've never played anyone better than me.

Just luckier. Tongue
[Image: Evolution.png]

when i play poker i tend to over-think and forget how fucking stupid my opponents are

sometimes a drink or two just gets me playing so confident and direct that i don't fuck around with any complex theories

somehow what looks like an obvious fold to me just looks like an obvious call to a lot of fish

oh i have king five under the gun, i think i will limp and then call an all-in on any flop when my five hits

hurr durr

fucking idiots

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Texas Hold 'Em Poker Edwardo Piet 10 1796 September 15, 2017 at 12:53 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  2-10 spread limit texas holdem poker hand Heywood 14 7920 January 29, 2015 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Calling AtheistForums.org Poker Players NoMoreFaith 24 7560 June 12, 2012 at 11:16 am
Last Post: WhatIfGodWasJustAMyth