Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very Harrassing Theist
Very Harrassing Theist
I have this very ignorant muslim guy who claims to "know" all about God and stuff.. you know the drill.

I blocked him due to his stupidness... here it is a month later and he has created a new username to annoy me.

Here is the convo:

When I'm arguing in live time (IM), I feel adrenaline rushes and I get kind of angry, so correct me if I've made fallacies. I just said what may best set him right...
I know, I said hell doesn't exist... EXCUSE ME! lol
--- RDW, 17
"Extraordinary claims, require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan
"I don't believe in [any] god[s]. I believe in man - his strength, his possibilities, his reason." - Gherman Titov, Soviet cosmonaut
[Image: truthyellow.jpg]
RE: Very Harrassing Muslim
Lol @ 'lill Big Grin

I take it you've honed your debating skills here on AF.org?

Good going!
Spinoza Wrote:God is the Asylum of Ignorance
Hahah, you really think so... that lightens my day! Big Grin
--- RDW, 17
"I don't believe in [any] god[s]. I believe in man - his strength, his possibilities, his reason." - Gherman Titov, Soviet cosmonaut
Idiots like that are perfect for honing your argument skills. Since you mentioned the adrenalin I assume you don't do this very often, so you did not bad at all. Once you do this more often you will find that you can keep a much more level head in discussions like these, and it gets easier and easier.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
No, I don't do this much at all, the AF has helped me alot. I'm just coming out of the closet (not gay-wise lol). For most of my life I have just sat back and watched.
--- RDW, 17
Ahh yes. I remember the adrenalin rushes. Made it.... fun.

But that goes away the more you do this and the rush is slowly replaced with irritation. Like a rash.

You know you shouldn't, but you have to scratch it.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
haha, nice analogy...

I don't feel rushes often at all, so these are pretty strong...
--- RDW, 17
It reminds me of when I first started playing player vs player video games. The rush was so intense and addictive but with more experience, blowing up someone's base or capping a flag becomes routine.

The same has happened with arguing religion; I have much less of an emotional response because I know my position better from my time spent on these forums. I am also past the doubt-filled pangs that make me wonder if there really is no god. I rest in the knowledge that I am not an active atheist but have passively come to my conclusion through lack of evidence. Whereas most theist talk about having to renew their faith, there is no similar process for atheists because we hold the default view.

Rhizo
Good argument littlegrimlin1. How did that creep find you? I don't do the im thing very often. I'm text and im challenged.
binnyCoffee
(December 7, 2009 at 12:38 pm)Rhizomorph13 Wrote: Whereas most theist talk about having to renew their faith, there is no similar process for atheists because we hold the default view.

Apoplexy?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2022 Very Merry Christmas thread!! Jehanne 7 710 December 27, 2022 at 11:57 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Religious people get very little reps, it's xenophobia and religionism. WinterHold 353 25485 July 12, 2021 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Discovered: Valks very first interwebs post! no one 1 539 June 17, 2021 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  The very best day of your life? Cod 37 3410 December 10, 2018 at 7:19 am
Last Post: Cod
  Very low fat recipes purplepurpose 39 2550 August 21, 2018 at 4:17 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Profound Poetry by Our Very Own Brian37 Rhondazvous 3 638 July 4, 2018 at 7:39 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Poll: Is it possible to be both very creepy and very sexy? Edwardo Piet 12 2239 May 22, 2018 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Is being a theist immoral in your opinion? Catholic_Lady 53 5204 January 8, 2018 at 11:33 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  A Very Merry Unbirthday to You! (yes, you) Gawdzilla Sama 3 688 December 30, 2017 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  Very Off Topic, but is being a virgin a turnoff for the ladies? NuclearEnergy 34 3814 November 13, 2017 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: Joods