Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:20 pm

Poll: How skeptical are you of climate change?
This poll is closed.
Convinced
40.00%
12 40.00%
Moderately convinced
30.00%
9 30.00%
Undecided
10.00%
3 10.00%
Moderately skeptical
6.67%
2 6.67%
Skeptical
13.33%
4 13.33%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where do you stand on climate change?
Where do you stand on climate change?
In light of the new 'scandal' regarding the leaked emails from climate change scientists, where do you now stand on the issue? How convinced or Skeptical are you of the issue?

My understanding of the recent emails is the data-engineering took place to account for a failing in testing global temperatures from tree rings, they used thermometer data to extrapolate the tree ring data back 1000 years, not as entirely unreliable as the opponents to the recent announcement claim.

To clarify (thanks for pointing that out dotard):

This is about whether or not man had something to do with the change in temperature, not the fact that the world is getting warmer.

I'll average this out to see where the forum stands in general.

+2 for Convinced
+1 for Moderately convinced
0 for Undecided
-1 For moderately skeptical
-2 for Skeptical
RE: Where do you stand on climate change?
You mean do we agree it's happening or that man is greatly contributing to it?
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
(December 6, 2009 at 12:12 am)Dotard Wrote: You mean do we agree it's happening or that man is greatly contributing to it?

Forgot to add that, Cheers, original post edited.
The earth periodically goes through warming/cooling cycles. However, this is the first time that it has had to deal with six billion people crawling around on it.

If six billion people fart once per day it will increase greenhouse gas emissions.
(December 6, 2009 at 2:00 am)Minimalist Wrote: The earth periodically goes through warming/cooling cycles. However, this is the first time that it has had to deal with six billion people crawling around on it.

If six billion people fart once per day it will increase greenhouse gas emissions.

No kidding, that's not the issue though. Does man kind have a significant role in increasing global temperature and if we don't change will the warming continue regardless of the underline global cycle?
(December 6, 2009 at 2:07 am)theVOID Wrote:
(December 6, 2009 at 2:00 am)Minimalist Wrote: The earth periodically goes through warming/cooling cycles. However, this is the first time that it has had to deal with six billion people crawling around on it.

No kidding, that's not the issue though. Does man kind have a significant role in increasing global temperature and if we don't change will the warming continue regardless of the underline global cycle?

Mankind is busily pumping out gasses known to trap heat, on a vast scale. It would be against physics if our actions werent causing global warming.
We also know that our actions can have gobal effects, I am thinking of ozone depletion here.

So I am convinced.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(December 6, 2009 at 2:00 am)Minimalist Wrote: If six billion people fart once per day it will increase greenhouse gas emissions.

Well then my husband has contributed greatly to climate change on a daily basis.
binnyCoffee
We need to bottle our farts and use them for energy.... lol Big Grin
--- RDW, 17
"Extraordinary claims, require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan
"I don't believe in [any] god[s]. I believe in man - his strength, his possibilities, his reason." - Gherman Titov, Soviet cosmonaut
[Image: truthyellow.jpg]
Please no, the world is smelly enoughSmile
binnyCoffee
(December 6, 2009 at 1:24 pm)binny Wrote:
(December 6, 2009 at 2:00 am)Minimalist Wrote: If six billion people fart once per day it will increase greenhouse gas emissions.

Well then my husband has contributed greatly to climate change on a daily basis.

Yeah, your husband is the culprit, uhuh. Angel Cloud
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Supreme Court has just declared combating climate change unconstitutional Rev. Rye 8 1428 July 5, 2022 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Climate Change - Human Extinction Rahn127 29 3740 January 30, 2019 at 10:43 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Climate Change Science Aractus 19 3587 March 16, 2014 at 1:22 am
Last Post: Aractus
  President Obama's Climate Change Speech Cato 6 2208 June 26, 2013 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: Polaris
  Environmentalism and Climate Change KichigaiNeko 19 7631 August 4, 2012 at 12:35 am
Last Post: popeyespappy
  NCSE's Climate Change Education Page Justtristo 2 1228 June 3, 2012 at 6:29 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  Climate catastrophe isn't so certain Welsh cake 74 34081 May 22, 2012 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: orogenicman
  World headed for irreversible climate change in five years, IEA warns Autumnlicious 57 14360 January 2, 2012 at 1:41 am
Last Post: Justtristo
Sad We've Known About Climate Change for 53 years now. TheDarkestOfAngels 32 10051 February 18, 2011 at 6:13 am
Last Post: ib.me.ub
  Scientists Claim Laws Of Physics Change Throughout The Universe solja247 21 7900 September 24, 2010 at 10:52 am
Last Post: Jaysyn