Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do I really want a box?
Do I really want a box?
So I've been thinking about how I don't really fit into any boxes when filling out forms.

Box 1 racial identity: Black (which is what I mark to shut people up. Most other people of color sneer under their breath if you do otherwise, much less fuss just to do it)
White, Asian, Hispanic, Native American

Where the heck is the box for half creole, quarter Hispanic Cuban, quarter Afro-Cuban?

Box 2 sexual orientation : gay / straight

Where is the box for the pieces of the Kinsey scale I think I kinda broke it?

Box 3 religious views: atheist , agnostic, theist

Why can't I just not believe in stuff that I think is bull. Where is box that says I believe in the soul without being into "woo" or foreskins.
RE: Do I really want a box?
(March 18, 2014 at 5:19 am)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: Why can't I just not believe in stuff that I think is bull. Where is box that says I believe in the soul without being into "woo" or foreskins.

I agree 100% with the boxes, except the soul stuff, that is bull as well.

Personally, I'm white as cheese and atheist enough to check the box. I also seem to be pretty straight, although probably only a 6 on the dawkins scale of straightness.
(March 18, 2014 at 5:23 am)Alex K Wrote:
(March 18, 2014 at 5:19 am)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: Why can't I just not believe in stuff that I think is bull. Where is box that says I believe in the soul without being into "woo" or foreskins.

I agree 100% with the boxes, except the soul stuff, that is bull as well.

Personally, I'm white as cheese and atheist enough to check the box. I also seem to be pretty straight, although probably only a 6 on the dawkins scale of straightness.

I don't believe in the soul with all that metaphysical crap but as an artist I always go to this deep part of myself that most would refer to as a soul.
Meh.
I'm Spanish/French from my dad's side, Mexican from my mom's side, and was born in the USA. I check Hispanic.

I'm bisexual. I check bisexual.

I'm atheist. I check Atheist or no religion.

If I could check "atheist" twice, I would, just to make a point.
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
(March 18, 2014 at 5:27 am)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: I don't believe in the soul with all that metaphysical crap but as an artist I always go to this deep part of myself that most would refer to as a soul.

Then, if given the chance, you definitely shouldn't check the

[ ] I believe in the soul

box, because that would be misunderstood as metaphysical crap Smile
What's the Dawkins scale of straightness I thought he only had a scale for atheism?
(March 18, 2014 at 5:34 am)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: What's the Dawkins scale of straightness I thought he only had a scale for atheism?

I was just half-joking, because I don't know exactly how the Kinsey scale works, so I just took the analogy to the Dawkins scale of belief Smile
(March 18, 2014 at 5:35 am)Alex K Wrote:
(March 18, 2014 at 5:34 am)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: What's the Dawkins scale of straightness I thought he only had a scale for atheism?

I was just half-joking, because I don't know exactly how the Kinsey scale works, so I just took the analogy to the Dawkins scale of belief Smile

[img][Image: 775B4E48-39F7-470F-A24D-08EEE8D72BBD_zpsuwbyaghl.jpg][/img]
(March 18, 2014 at 5:40 am)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:
(March 18, 2014 at 5:35 am)Alex K Wrote: I was just half-joking, because I don't know exactly how the Kinsey scale works, so I just took the analogy to the Dawkins scale of belief Smile

[img][Image: 775B4E48-39F7-470F-A24D-08EEE8D72BBD_zpsuwbyaghl.jpg][/img]

Thanks, very good! Dawkins probably stole the idea from there, he likely even mentions it and I forgot. So is anyone a 0 on that scale without fooling themselves?
I don't think anyone is a zero or six

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is "Be the part of the change you want to see in the world!" bullshit? FlatAssembler 45 2071 February 3, 2024 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Two things I want to talk about, politics wise ShinyCrystals 39 2435 September 23, 2023 at 6:39 am
Last Post: no one
  Ukrainians dont want to learn Russian language Interaktive 2 307 July 31, 2022 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Interaktive
  Want to sell more guns? Vote ( D ) onlinebiker 145 7812 February 26, 2021 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Are you sure you want to do that? onlinebiker 40 2149 January 12, 2021 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Do you REALLY want things to change? onlinebiker 16 1540 September 19, 2020 at 4:45 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Who do you want to be the Democratic nominee in 2020? CapnAwesome 71 4064 September 14, 2018 at 1:25 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  The Nazis Want To Permanently Queer The Deal Minimalist 2 599 July 24, 2017 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  I want to know, why do these people hate Obama so much? NuclearEnergy 42 14992 July 21, 2017 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  So will Trump and his supporters understand that they won't always get what they want NuclearEnergy 0 956 April 29, 2017 at 7:25 am
Last Post: NuclearEnergy