Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian Paradox
Christian Paradox
I'd like to ask any agnostics or atheist, who have previously believed in a God, what Paradoxes in Christianity, or any religion, could you identify that caused reasonable doubt?

I've heard a lot of terms previously unfarmiliar to me in theese forums like apologetic, different types of fallacies, etc. I appreciate the insights and am thankful for being a member. Now, every thread I've started is just a question and( as of yet) hasn't turned into a sermon. It may be poorly worded or misleading. I think this question is pretty straight forward, though. If I have to state some idea or belief before you post a reply please don't bother replying. If you doubt my sincerity please don't reply. Hopefully some open and honest discussions here can lead to some personal revelations. Thanks and have a great week!
-Dave
RE: Christian Paradox
Now wait a minute... how in heaven can a pair of socks be christian?

Oh wait.....

nevermind.

I would say the whole trinity thing. Three persons/entities does not equal one and visa versa.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
Real history/archaeology disputes the underlying facts of any of the Angry Desert God religions.
The problem of evil, the Bible being the word of God (whether inspired or literal, the lack of historical evidence for Jesus, evolution vs Adam and Eve all chipped away at my Christianity until I finally lacked belief.
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
(December 16, 2009 at 9:50 am)Dotard Wrote: Now wait a minute... how in heaven can a pair of socks be christian?

Don't be silly, socks can't be Christian or go to heaven. On the other hand, shoes can go to heaven if they lead a good life. You see, it turns out that shoes have souls!
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
(December 16, 2009 at 1:19 pm)Darwinian Wrote:
(December 16, 2009 at 9:50 am)Dotard Wrote: Now wait a minute... how in heaven can a pair of socks be christian?

Don't be silly, socks can't be Christian or go to heaven. On the other hand, shoes can go to heaven if they lead a good life. You see, it turns out that shoes have souls!
It's times like these that make me wish I'd installed a "thumbs down" button...

ROFLOL
My peep toe patten leather pumps are definitely going to heavenBig Grin
binnyCoffee
(December 16, 2009 at 1:28 pm)Tiberius Wrote:

It's times like these that make me wish I'd installed a "thumbs down" button...

Seconded! Several neurons in my brain just commited suicide so they wouldn't have to maintain the synaptic pathways related to that coment!

Rhizo
(December 16, 2009 at 11:49 am)Eilonnwy Wrote: The problem of evil, the Bible being the word of God (whether inspired or literal, the lack of historical evidence for Jesus, evolution vs Adam and Eve all chipped away at my Christianity until I finally lacked belief.

could you please be more specific on the problem of evil?
(December 16, 2009 at 11:36 am)Minimalist Wrote: Real history/archaeology disputes the underlying facts of any of the Angry Desert God religions.

Would you mind terribly being slightly more specific? Particular fallacies or illogical prardoxis would be great.

Thank for all the responces so far (-minus the sole joke Confused)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 87836 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  The Paradox of Power.... ronedee 607 103289 October 6, 2015 at 12:17 am
Last Post: ronedee
  Yet more christian logic: christian sues for not being given a job she refuses to do. Esquilax 21 7343 July 20, 2014 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: ThomM
  A strange apologetic paradox Esquilax 10 2613 February 21, 2014 at 1:16 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
  The abortion paradox Ciel_Rouge 88 28038 September 9, 2012 at 9:21 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  Relationships - Christian and non-Christian way Ciel_Rouge 6 6300 August 21, 2012 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: frankiej
  Epicurean Paradox Drich 213 89135 April 18, 2012 at 11:59 pm
Last Post: Drich