Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The abortion paradox
The abortion paradox
Why do the Christians place a ban on abortion while they simultanously encourage all the paths leading to unwanted pregnancy? I mean:

- lack of protection (both catholics and orthodox ban condoms and from what I have obserced the sheep really adhere to this)
- lack of masturbation (and hence poor awareness of one's own body and response control)
- repressive culture (and hence abnormal behaviour like sudden outbursts of suppressed feelings including murder or rape or both)

I do not perceive abortion as a matter of free personal choice - I am actually against it because it is just cruel to the little human being. BUT: I think we should not ban abortion before we ban all the stupidity leading to unwanted pregnancies. Condoms should always be used not only to protect oneself from pregnancy but also hepatitis, herpes etc. Masturbation should be regarded healthy and normal. And there should be less hatred and hypocrisy towards sex and sensuality in general. If that was the case, the amount of unwanted pregnancies would just plummet towards zero and there would be no need or will to abort. What do you think?
RE: The abortion paradox
I'll go with, because they're fucking stupid.
(September 5, 2012 at 8:40 pm)Ciel_Rouge Wrote: I do not perceive abortion as a matter of free personal choice - I am actually against it because it is just cruel to the little human being.

It isn't a human being. It's a potential human being.

Do you also get upset at the terrible deforestation that is caused when squirrels eat acorns?

(September 5, 2012 at 8:40 pm)Ciel_Rouge Wrote: Condoms should always be used not only to protect oneself from pregnancy but also hepatitis, herpes etc.

You are either female or a male virgin. Condoms are awful to wear. In a short-term fling, fair enough... but in a long-term, committed relationship, condoms can fuck right offski.

Meat on meat FTW. (I'm an aspiring poet, donchyaknow?)
[Image: ascent_descent422.jpg]
Tho' Nature, red in tooth and celt
With ravine, shriek'd against his creed

Red Celt's Blog
(September 5, 2012 at 8:40 pm)Ciel_Rouge Wrote: Why do the Christians place a ban on abortion while they simultanously encourage all the paths leading to unwanted pregnancy?

Why do dogs eat their own shit?

If men could get pregnant, this wouldn't be an issue. There would be drive thru abortion clinics on every corner. Men can't control women in this way, so they protest it, and appeal to the emotionalism of already brainwashed women to join in their cause. I also think that it's largely a distraction. Why worry about jobs or the economy when women are out there legally "killing their babies"?

Rachel Maddow talks about it all the time. If you follow along, you'll notice that the self-proclaimed job focused party talks about banning abortion every chance they get, but almost never brings up jobs. Maddow calls it "jobortion".

I always crack up when I see that meme of jesus proudly holding the American constitution. Roe v Wade is a part of the constitution, but the buybull thumpers either don't know it, or will say it's not true, even when you show it to them (imagine that).

They prefer the constitution which says that blacks are 3/5 of a person.

You know...the one that fucking jesus handed directly to Madison.

(Jefferson wasn't at the constitutional convention.)
(September 5, 2012 at 8:40 pm)Ciel_Rouge Wrote: Why do the Christians place a ban on abortion while they simultanously encourage all the paths leading to unwanted pregnancy? ...

Your Op is a complete non-starter.

Christians who think abortion is a sin do so because the unborn life is sacred. Therefore there is no such thing as an unborn child who is so unwanted that their murder is acceptable....to Christians...to Christians who think abortion must be banned...because unborn babies are innocent human beings...etc etc.

And so you're right back where you started this false dilemma. There's no such thing as an unwanted baby if you are an opponent of abortion.

One thing for certain in Biblical Christianity, is that the love of money does not take priority over the life of an unborn baby
making such babies an unwanted inconvenience.

In Bibical Christianity, a monogamous, loving, committed, heterosexual marriage, sanctified by God, is less likely to end in infidelity, extra-marital promiscuity, family breakdown, unwanted babies, single-mothers, custody battles, family law litigation, unhappy childhoods, gender identity confusion, and the long term social pathologies which tax payers have to provide for years later after the initial damage is done.
It's not an unborn baby... it's a potential baby. HUGE difference. A woman can conceive at the wrong time and the fertilized egg doesn't implant in the uterus and gets passed as regular menstrual flow, is that abortion? No. But that is an interesting debate in and of itself, when does a fetus become a baby? at birth? when it could live on it's own? how many medical allowances? I believe the youngest gestational age for survival is around 24 weeks (out of a 40 week pregnancy)... but being born that early most who survive have serious, life-long medical issues, not to mention million dollar NICU bills.
(September 5, 2012 at 10:43 pm)Lion IRC Wrote:
(September 5, 2012 at 8:40 pm)Ciel_Rouge Wrote: Why do the Christians place a ban on abortion while they simultanously encourage all the paths leading to unwanted pregnancy? ...

Your Op is a complete non-starter.

And then you wrote paragraphs, so...

Quote:Christians who think abortion is a sin do so because the unborn life is sacred.

Where in the bible does it say that? I'd really like to know.

Also, why is unborn life so sacred, and already born life not so sacred? Do you support the death penalty? Do you support social programs that feed and house people without means? Does every born child not deserve love? What if the unborn child is unloved, and the mother isn't willing to stop drinking and doing drugs while she's pregnant? Are you willing to take care of and love born people whose parents are unwilling? If not, who is supposed to, and why aren't their lives sacred enough for that?

Quote:Therefore there is no such thing as an unborn child who is so unwanted that their murder is acceptable....to Christians...to Christians who think abortion must be banned...because unborn babies are innocent human beings...etc etc.

But their are unwanted pregnancies. It isn't murder. Christians are fine with murder if it suits their needs. Crack open a history book and find out for yourself if you don't believe me.

Quote:And so you're right back where you started this false dilemma. There's no such thing as an unwanted baby if you are an opponent of abortion.

But there are such things as unwanted babies. There are. That's why so many born babies die every year. Neglect, abuse, disposal in dumpsters. Those babies are unwanted, obviously. If you are an opponent of abortion, you probably won't get an abortion, but you don't have any right whatsoever to prevent someone from having an abortion, if an abortion is what someone wants.

So, your dilemma is false.

Quote:One thing for certain in Biblical Christianity, is that the love of money does not take priority over the life of an unborn baby
making such babies an unwanted inconvenience.

Money is required to properly care for an infant. A lot of people don't have the money, and there's very little help out there for people without the money to do it. It's not "the love of money", it's the not having any money. Get it?

Quote:In Bibical Christianity, a monogamous, loving, committed, heterosexual marriage, sanctified by God, is less likely to end in infidelity, extra-marital promiscuity, family breakdown, unwanted babies, single-mothers, custody battles, family law litigation, unhappy childhoods, gender identity confusion, and the long term social pathologies which tax payers have to provide for years later after the initial damage is done.

Well, I guess you can keep living in your dream world, pal. In reality, biblical christians get divorced, have affairs, family breakdowns, single mothers, custody battles, and gender identity confusion. Unhappy childhoods are fucking rampant among so-called biblical christian families.

I worked as a counselor at a pregnancy crisis center for years, and most of the women I saw were christians, from "good christian" homes. The majority of them were young christian girls who were aborting their pregnancies out of shame... good ol' christian shame, if you will.

Besides that- What's to stop a biblical christian wife from being raped and becoming pregnant with her rapist's baby? What's to stop a biblical christian wife to become a single mother because her husband dies? What's to stop a biblical christian from beating his wife, like the bible glorifies, and then she grows some common sense balls, and divorces the dickwad? It happens all the time. You're just too busy masturbating to your old fantasy world. Meanwhile, you're typing your stupid bullshit on a computer invented by a gay atheist. Congrats.

You're not pro-life at all. You just want everyone in the world to share your own ideals. You want babies to be born, but you don't want to have to take care of them, because you think everyone should be a biblical christian, and be cookie cutter, perfect, flawless beings. There are many other people besides christians in this world, and they believe in different gods, and different doctrines than you, and they think you should live in the way they live their lives, but it's not right for you.

I think you should have the freedom to either have an abortion or not. I think you should have the right to be a hypocritical, delusional, insufferable bible thumper. But I am gonna call you out on it, every time I see you say something dumb, and I have that right.

Smile

Lion IRC Wrote:In Bibical Christianity, a monogamous, loving, committed, heterosexual marriage, sanctified by God, is less likely to end in infidelity, extra-marital promiscuity, family breakdown, unwanted babies, single-mothers, custody battles, family law litigation, unhappy childhoods, gender identity confusion, and the long term social pathologies which tax payers have to provide for years later after the initial damage is done.

Yeah, I'm going to need to see a citation on every single one of those claims.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Everything I was going to say on this topic, one particularly close to home for me, has already been expressed by Festive and probably more eloquently than I would have put it. I just wanted to go on record as saying that. That's all.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  87% of Young Irish Vote for Abortion! Jehanne 43 3731 May 31, 2018 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Paradox of Power.... ronedee 607 103299 October 6, 2015 at 12:17 am
Last Post: ronedee
  An abortion in defense of the Bible. IanHulett 3 1367 July 19, 2015 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  A strange apologetic paradox Esquilax 10 2613 February 21, 2014 at 1:16 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
  Epicurean Paradox Drich 213 89137 April 18, 2012 at 11:59 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Christian Paradox tackattack 127 47422 February 18, 2010 at 5:26 pm
Last Post: fr0d0