Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 9:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm turning back to Christianity
I'm turning back to Christianity
April fool's! Big Grin
RE: I'm turning back to Christianity
you gotz me Big Grin
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
Typical Atheists changing their mind when they want to be forgiven for their sins, then they will be born again Atheists soon enough Tongue
If the hypothetical idea of an afterlife means more to you than the objectively true reality we all share, then you deserve no respect.
Can't believe a word people say, "this" day.
(April 1, 2014 at 10:44 am)Quantum Theorist Wrote: then they will be born again Atheists soon enough Tongue

I thought I would elaborate on this. Since everyone is born an atheist, when one becomes a theist through indoctrination the only truly born again epitaph can strictly be used the way you have. One can be a born again atheist.

The same cannot be stated for the statement of being a born again Christian, because it is a contradiction in terms. One is not born a theist. Theism is taught. Therefore, the only correct terminology is that one converts to theism.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
It's only normal for young and unformed minds like yours to go through a phase like that. We all have our doubts, that's completely normal!!! As long as in the end you realize that deep down in your heart you know that there is no God, all is well.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(April 1, 2014 at 10:48 am)Kitanetos Wrote:
(April 1, 2014 at 10:44 am)Quantum Theorist Wrote: then they will be born again Atheists soon enough Tongue

I thought I would elaborate on this. Since everyone is born an atheist, when one becomes a theist through indoctrination the only truly born again epitaph can strictly be used the way you have. One can be a born again atheist.

The same cannot be stated for the statement of being a born again Christian, because it is a contradiction in terms. One is not born a theist. Theism is taught. Therefore, the only correct terminology is that one converts to theism.

I was just joking around with the born again crap, but since you wrote about it in reply--I'd like to dissent from the whole atheism/theism labeling of babies. I can imagine a world where there is no god concept and neither atheism and theism have meaning there. So I guess that'd be what it's like for a baby, but especially so because they can't even understand the concept until maybe Elementary school age. I don't really care for the born as Atheist idea even though it's technically true, but, we are all born not believing anything not just stupid ideas like theism. For example, I wouldn't say I'm born an A-Fairyist as a baby even though it's technically true but I didn't know anything as a baby so I think that point of moot.
If the hypothetical idea of an afterlife means more to you than the objectively true reality we all share, then you deserve no respect.
I KNEW this was a bait and switch thread!!

At least it wasn't as mean as the Bill Nye is Dead thread with the doctored youtube video...

Tongue
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
(April 1, 2014 at 10:10 am)Deidre32 Wrote: April fool's! Big Grin

I hope it's not too late to cancel the mob!

Jesus Stoning Angry Lynch Mob
Goddamn som' bitch!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Here are 5 big reasons why Americans are turning away from religion — according to sc Minimalist 3 1516 January 25, 2017 at 9:43 am
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  Zhuan Falun (Turning The Law Wheel) EnergyGem 72 6871 May 31, 2016 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Religious leaders/pastors turning atheist. dyresand 61 8729 January 7, 2015 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: dyresand