Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obligatory into thread!
Obligatory into thread!
Hello! I'm a married software developer with two young kids. I used to post a bit at the RationalResponseSquad and then moved to TheThinkingAtheist. Several users there kept mentioning this place, so I thought I'd check it out.

As far as my religious views, I consider myself an agnostic atheist. I don't believe in any gods, mainly out of a lack of evidence. I was raised Lutheran. I had some doubt on and off during my 20s. During my late 20s, I wasn't sure I believed anymore, even though I really wanted to. It took me about two years to become comfortable with my lack of belief and to even be able to admit it to myself. I've been atheist for the last three years.

I'm lucky in that most of the people I hang out with are also atheist, so I had a lot of people I could talk to about it, once I'd come to terms with it. My wife is still Christian, although, she has rather accommodating beliefs. Among other things, she doesn't believe in hell, and believes that when I die, I'll go to heaven with a bit of egg on my face for having been wrong, and then everything will be cool. Our differences in belief can be a bit of a pain point, but at this stage, it's something we don't often discuss.

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know the community!
RE: Obligatory into thread!
(April 4, 2014 at 7:35 pm)RobbyPants Wrote: As far as my religious views, I consider myself an agnostic atheist. I don't believe in any gods, mainly out of a lack of evidence.
Thinking Welcome

My wife is also Christian. She's waaaaay cool!
For the hell of it, here's a picture of me with the green beer I had last St. Patrick's day:

[Image: Greenbeer1_zps98c3dd74.jpg]
CHEERS! Cheers!
Welcome
Obligatory Welcome Response.

Hello.
I have seen you on some other forum. What others do you visit?

Oh yeah. Welcome.
(April 4, 2014 at 8:22 pm)KUSA Wrote: I have seen you on some other forum. What others do you visit?

Oh yeah. Welcome.

I used to post at RationalResponseSquad, but I haven't been there in months. I have an account at atheistforums.com, but I don't post there much.

For about a month, I used to post on WorthyChristianForums. While I didn't get banned per se, the mods made it obvious that they didn't want me posting there, despite following their ToS better than many of the believers.

I also post at The Gaming Den, which has a lot of vocal atheists there, as well. It's primarily a D&D forum.
(April 4, 2014 at 8:48 pm)RobbyPants Wrote:
(April 4, 2014 at 8:22 pm)KUSA Wrote: I have seen you on some other forum. What others do you visit?

Oh yeah. Welcome.

I used to post at RationalResponseSquad, but I haven't been there in months. I have an account at atheistforums.com, but I don't post there much.

For about a month, I used to post on WorthyChristianForums. While I didn't get banned per se, the mods made it obvious that they didn't want me posting there, despite following their ToS better than many of the believers.

I also post at The Gaming Den, which has a lot of vocal atheists there, as well. It's primarily a D&D forum.

1) why aren't you playing D&D at TTA??
2) yay you made it Big Grin
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forced into going to church? katiefranco 23 4719 November 25, 2013 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: Chad32
Wink Obligatory Greetings All! Bob Kelso 16 2325 November 1, 2013 at 9:21 am
Last Post: Ben Davis
  Obligatory introduction topic phurgawtin 13 3247 January 26, 2012 at 11:44 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  New user. Thanks for letting me into your group. liferocks 20 7736 June 22, 2011 at 1:44 am
Last Post: Anymouse
  Lurker evolving into a posting member mrjack 9 3148 August 24, 2009 at 11:50 pm
Last Post: Retorth
  obligatory first post darwindaddy 6 2403 July 9, 2009 at 1:44 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Obligatory introduction post! LonePiper 7 3619 July 1, 2009 at 12:41 am
Last Post: LonePiper