Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ever wonder?
Ever wonder?
Hi all. I'm new to the forums and already like it. I'm an agnostic, but love heated religious debates. I was raised Catholic so I had many questions that were never answered while growing up.

One of the biggest questions I had was: "Why does Jesus go from twelve to thirty in the Bible?"

I've read a lot about it over the years but never found any answers that fully satisfied me. Many believe he went to India, which makes sense given his philosophies are very closely tied to far eastern thinking at the time. That didn't answer the question of why he would.leave his family and his homeland.

Since I couldn't find the answers I wanted, I decided to make them up myself. I did a lot of research on the time period, the region, and the people and I wrote a book, historical fiction of course, about the lost years of Jesus. Its gotten some good reviews on Amazon but I'm finding it hard to really get any exposure. If this is a subject anyone is interested in the book will be available for free download on Holy Thursday and Good Friday (April 17-18th) on Amazon. Disclaimer: If you are a hardcore Christian it might offend you.

Sorry if I'm not allowed to post this sort of thing. I didn't see anything against it in the rules. Just thought some people here might find it interesting.

[link removed]
RE: Ever wonder?
(April 15, 2014 at 12:46 pm)derekmiller415 Wrote: Sorry if I'm not allowed to post this sort of thing. I didn't see anything against it in the rules. Just thought some people here might find it interesting.

Or you did not read the rules close enough or you decided to make them up as well, no advertising of any kind allowed for newcomers FSM Grin
Why Won't God Heal Amputees ? 

Oči moje na ormaru stoje i gledaju kako sarma kipi  Tongue
(April 15, 2014 at 12:52 pm)FifthElement Wrote: Or you did not read the rules close enough or you decided to make them up as well, no advertising of any kind allowed for newcomers FSM Grin

It is common knowledge that no one ever reads the rules before joining a forum. I never did.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I did read the rules, very carefully. It said no hate speech and other things along that line. Did not mention advertising at all.
Oops. Literally Rule #2.

Rules Wrote:No Spamming
This not only refers to blatant attempts to advertise but to any post that is not an attempt at discussion. Depending on the severity of the spam, a warning or a ban will be administered. We consider spam to be any of the following:

Multiple postings of the same topic.
Threads which are posted to advertise products / links unrelated to this forum.
Responses to existing topics which are completely unrelated to the subject.
Hit and run postings of a trollish or otherwise inappropriate nature.

Also:
More Rules Wrote:No Advertising
Any advertisements in posts will be removed immediately. If you want to promote a product or service then please contact one of the administrators or moderators by private message first. This also applies to people conducting research or surveys. Whilst most in the community would be glad to help with such projects, we still would like you to get permission from the staff before posting. If you want to post your website, please adhere to the 30 days and 30 posts rule. This amount of time and number of posts shows that advertising is not your sole purpose on this forum. If the rule is not adhered to, the advertisement will be removed and you may be warned or banned.
Bold mine.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Quote:5 - No Advertising
Any advertisements in posts will be removed immediately. If you want to promote a product or service then please contact one of the administrators or moderators by private message first. This also applies to people conducting research or surveys. Whilst most in the community would be glad to help with such projects, we still would like you to get permission from the staff before posting. If you want to post your website, please adhere to the 30 days and 30 posts rule. This amount of time and number of posts shows that advertising is not your sole purpose on this forum. If the rule is not adhered to, the advertisement will be removed and you may be warned or banned.

Missed that part, eh?

EDIT: Damn, got ninja'd Tongue
I didn't read the rules. Just skimmed them. Lol
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
I read the rules they showed me when I signed up. Those were not a part of them. You are such a welcoming bunch. Really making me want to stick around.
(April 15, 2014 at 1:20 pm)derekmiller415 Wrote: I read the rules they showed me when I signed up. Those were not a part of them. You are such a welcoming bunch. Really making me want to stick around.

There's a page called "rules" permanently affixed to the top right hand corner of the forum, and it's definitely there. You aren't the first person to fuck up and accidentally run afoul of them, it's no big deal, but don't get bitchy at us because you didn't read this stuff more carefully.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(April 15, 2014 at 1:20 pm)derekmiller415 Wrote: I read the rules they showed me when I signed up. Those were not a part of them. You are such a welcoming bunch. Really making me want to stick around.

What, you were shown precisely why you don't get to do the very thing for which you apologised in your OP, decided to argue about the rules with the very people whose job it is to enforce them, and now you want to act the martyr? Well excuse me but you'll have to forgive us for acting on what you choose to share with us and the way you choose to do it. Why not start a proper introduction thread and tell everyone about yourself, so we don't have to rely on such paltry scraps of information on which to base opinion?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ever Wonder Why, Minimalist 8 2646 December 6, 2015 at 11:04 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Sometimes I wonder… BrokenQuill92 3 919 September 18, 2015 at 1:22 am
Last Post: Losty
  No wonder Muslims and others distrust US' motives BethK 0 1316 November 12, 2011 at 12:28 am
Last Post: BethK
  star of wonder. was it the SAME thing as zeus' 'weapon' the lightning bolt? nickos777 6 3870 May 15, 2010 at 6:51 am
Last Post: Welsh cake