Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 5:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rabbi Ben Judah prophesy / Jubilees/ Kondratief wave
Rabbi Ben Judah prophesy / Jubilees/ Kondratief wave
Kondratief was a Russian economist after Communism was sent to his nation.
He produced data indicating free market systems go thru a wave form of economic prosperity / crashes and recovery.
His wave theory did not go over well with the Bolsheviks, who rejected the idea of recovery and he was sent to a labor camp.
But his wave theory was published in the West and was popularized in the 1970s.
The theory postulates a time period of about 50 something years peak to peak.
I haven't heard much about the K-wave, possibly because of the massive currency manipulations which have delayed/ masked it's effects.

Now, go back in time to the ordinances given to Israel thru Moses to the Jubilee.
This was a 50 year cycle wherein all indentured lands, servants and debts would be released upon the year of Jubilee.
There is no evidence the Jews ever implemented the Jubilee, however, the Jubilee would have short-circuited the K-wave, endemic in free market systems.
No-one would be willing to hold debt with the Jubilee looming.

Rabbi Ben Judah lived in Germany in the 1200s, and because of the nature of his prophecy, I wanted a Jewish orthodox take on it and found one online.
According to the prophesy, Jerusalem would be under the Ottoman Turks for 8 Jubilees (400 yrs), then a no-man's land for the 9th Jubilee (50 yrs) and in the 10th, it would be the time of the coming of Messiah.

300 years after the Rabbi died, Jerusalem was taken by the Turks in 1517.
It left their possession in 1917 when British General Allenby had leaflets dropped from planes demanding the surrender of the city.
The Muslims saw his signature on the flier and thought it said "Messenger of Allah" (translated). The city fell into British control without a shot.
Allenby got off his horse and walked into the city, so as not to be seen coming in as a conqueror.

I believe Jerusalem was under the British Mandate from 1917.

Jerusalem actually had a no man's land zone until 1967 when Israel again had to fight for their existence and at the end of the 6 day war, Israel gained Jerusalem, Judea and Samaria (called the west bank).

Note the above years end in the number 7, the next Jubilee runs from the Fall of 2016 to the Fall of 2017.

The Jewish site members believe Messiah will come after the next Jubilee year (the 120th since Genesis One- 6000 years elapsed) at the end of Man's lease and the Time of Restoration.
RE: Rabbi Ben Judah prophesy / Jubilees/ Kondratief wave
End times prophesies based on math using numbers plucked at random from old texts are nothing new. But I guess we have yet another date that will come and go without anything happening aside from the old "we will need to check the numbers again" excuses.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Here is my prophesy: Every x years, something bad will happen.

Unlike rubbish religious prohesies, mine is far superior as x can take any value and it is still true. What do I win?
Haven't you seen enough of these end of times predictions fail to be in the least bit wary of giving us another one?

I mean, really, you believe this one?

Why?
Kuusi palaa, ja on viimeinen kerta kun annan vaimoni laittaa jouluvalot!
So prof, you'll be selling your house, quitting your job and waiting for your messiah to come down from the ozone layer?

Put up or shut up.

Some of you wingnuts actually do put up. Most don't have the balls and just go around spouting their inanity to the world.

The End is near!

One day, like a stopped clock, someone will actually be right.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Covid-19 second wave WinterHold 58 6639 August 11, 2020 at 6:50 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Just now on CBS This morning a rabbi/ my OP ED Brian37 3 1067 November 16, 2017 at 1:51 am
Last Post: Astreja
  Prophesy max-greece 2 997 February 19, 2014 at 5:29 am
Last Post: max-greece
Exclamation Rabbi - why sucking a baby's penis in circumcision is good?! Woody68 9 3909 August 31, 2013 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Meet Rabbi Batshit Minimalist 4 2085 January 16, 2012 at 9:59 pm
Last Post: Rokcet Scientist