Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 5:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Hate" OP/ED
"Hate" OP/ED
"Hate" OP ED. Sometimes fundies and even PC liberals will accuse atheists, like me of the same type of "hate", we see believers use to justify bigotry and oppression and violence. The part they miss is CONTEXT. I grow tired of avoiding that word because I do "hate". What they miss is the "hate" isn't a "round them up and stick them in ovens". It is the kind of "hate" one would have for a loved one or friend who constantly went around doing stupid shit or making stupid claims.

If for example, you had a friend who kept on claiming "The New York Yankees won the Superbowl". You might like or love that person, but it certainly should drive any sane person nuts if you kept hearing it. So yes, I do hate claims of invisible sky parents. Not only are there plenty of prior deity claims people now consider myths, there is no current polytheistic or monotheistic god claim that has a credible scientific theory to back it up. To me it would be like someone claiming their car can run on pixy dust. I also "hate" how the world is divided by such superstitions as if a club owns a patent on human behavior, when evolution explains quite naturally why we do either good or bad.

So no, do not expect me not to express my "hate". Instead, view it like when your parent when you were a kid simply got frustrated with you doing stupid shit and saying stupid shit. You outgrew those things didn't you? So did your parent "hate" you when they corrected you? No, so when you have someone telling you you got it wrong, don't hate them for hating your bad claims.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One thing I hate about the human language. Brian37 13 1108 June 25, 2021 at 11:19 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  My HATE Thread! impaler 46 2731 September 2, 2020 at 2:23 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  I hate it when I do that... onlinebiker 22 1244 July 15, 2020 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Why I hate food critics.... Brian37 23 2861 January 21, 2020 at 10:14 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Why I Hate Music Critics BrianSoddingBoru4 2 724 January 19, 2020 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: no one
  I hate government Apex1050 24 1850 May 30, 2019 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Athene
  [split] PSA: Hate Speech (discussion of video etc) Huggy Bear 223 7554 May 3, 2019 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I don't hate everything my species does. Brian37 17 2632 March 20, 2019 at 5:05 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Damn - I hate that.... onlinebiker 7 1179 January 29, 2019 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Most people hate logic. onlinebiker 40 2102 December 4, 2018 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: ignoramus