Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 19, 2024, 5:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request permission to come aboard.
Request permission to come aboard.
Hi all! Lurked around on a few atheist sites, but this seemed to be one of the more popular ones, so here I am.

Little background:

I'm an 18 year old non-theist living in a Christian household. I've been obsessed with music for my entire life. I play a few instruments, and my physical music collection is somewhere around 400. I may or may not study to become an audio engineer.

Think I'll stick around. Big Grin
“Avoidable human misery is more often caused not so much by stupidity as by ignorance, particularly our ignorance about ourselves.” - Carl Sagan, The Demon Haunted World: Science As A Candle In The Dark
RE: Request permission to come aboard.
Welcome to crazyville! I'm the resident cuteness and sweetheart! Let's be friends!
Welcome, lad.
Permission Granted. You may cross the quarterdeck.

Welcome, Topher!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Welcome.

The more the merrier. Music obsession is good.
Dying to live, living to die.
Welcome aboard, sailor. Permission granted to throw your rubbers overboard .. but we definitely have more than men on this boat. Cool Shades

http://youtu.be/wS2FtvgOBvQ

Hey I just noticed your sig, Becs. "Give a man a fire and he's warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life." Nice.
Hello Topher and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Arr! And ye be Welcome here
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Welcome aboard!
Welcome love nice to meet ya Smile
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where do you come from? Kayenneh 487 138469 July 20, 2023 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I thought id come back and say dyresand 7 1180 December 26, 2018 at 11:31 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  And NOW, by polite request: VanessaUSA 18 2790 March 15, 2018 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: VanessaUSA
  When do you come from? (How old are you?) CleanShavenJesus 102 20962 August 9, 2013 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: Terr
  Biblical scholar aboard srd44 4 1094 December 31, 2012 at 1:16 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  I have come to teach the masses! The Winter Saint 31 5854 September 5, 2011 at 7:21 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
  I come here seeking sanity True Unbeliever 8 3213 January 19, 2009 at 7:33 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet