Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 12:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And NOW, by polite request:
And NOW, by polite request:
Hello everyone!

By polite request, I've come to introduce myself as a newbie. Quite frankly, I don't even know if I am a newbie as I can't seem to find my previous account for this board, but perhaps I am merely mistaken as it has been a while since I have experienced this site.

I am a life-long, non-religious atheist from Portland, Oregon USA with a habit of traveling the world and living a rather unconventional and unapologetically rather happy life of my own design and creation. I am a friendly and reasonably sociable introvert (often mistaken for an extrovert) with many interests and hobbies, but I imagine many would find me boring or annoying while some would find me interesting and enjoyable and that is the acceptable nature of the human reality of personal preferences and differences in personality and lifestyle.

I look forward to the discussions here and to getting to know the minds of many of you.

*I hope my avatar will suffice to satisfy your curiosity as I don't see how to post a photo other than from the web.
RE: And NOW, by polite request:
Well, hello there.
Welcome.
Dying to live, living to die.
Welcome!

You seem like you should stick around. Smile
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
Welcome. I have a plane avatar. Good on you for being comfortable enough to post a headshot. I'm not there.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Hey there! Welcome from another "lifer" Smile
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Welcome V.
You'll find some people here have some crazy ideas about stuff ... That's cool too. But the rest of us are atheist ...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(March 14, 2018 at 1:36 am)VanessaUSA Wrote: Hello everyone!

By polite request, I've come to introduce myself as a newbie.

Welcome newbie!

Go slay some rabid arguments across the board to gain xp and level up!

Tongue
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(March 14, 2018 at 5:08 am)Aoi Magi Wrote:
(March 14, 2018 at 1:36 am)VanessaUSA Wrote: Hello everyone!

By polite request, I've come to introduce myself as a newbie.

Welcome newbie!

Go slay some rabid arguments across the board to gain xp and level up!

Tongue

And when you're ready, get into one with the forums hardest boss, Little Rik; none is able to defeat him thus far.
Welcome!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I drank too much wine... and now I shall grace you all with my unstable presence. Anatheist 42 8157 May 20, 2015 at 9:41 am
Last Post: Regina
  Request permission to come aboard. topher 19 3293 May 5, 2014 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: topher
  General smile and polite nod to all.. pomandrew 8 2116 April 29, 2010 at 12:40 am
Last Post: Autumnlicious