Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 8:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
40-day Christian Fast
40-day Christian Fast
Quote:Virginia's Family Foundation has drawn the ire of LGBT activists after the organization recently declared a 40-day Christian fast to protect the state's Marriage Amendment, which defines marriage as a union between one man and one woman, from federal interference.

"Only the church stands in support of God's design for marriage. Our 40 days will culminate on Oct. 5 just before the court begins its session. We don't know what the Lord will do. We do know that He is sovereign. Whatever happens, we must adopt the attitude of the three Hebrew children who refused to bow before the golden image in Babylon," it said.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/virgin...de-118719/
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: 40-day Christian Fast
Hahahahahaaaaaaaa
ROFLOL

Do you think they can extend it to say six months?

just sayin Devil
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Most of them will probably act as though they are fasting while they stuff their mouths in the middle of the night.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(April 30, 2014 at 8:37 am)Kitanetos Wrote: Most of them will probably act as though they are fasting while they stuff their mouths in the middle of the night.

And Jesus will punish them for this by killing marriage.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(April 30, 2014 at 8:37 am)Kitanetos Wrote: Most of them will probably act as though they are fasting while they stuff their mouths in the middle of the night.

But it'll be a spiritual fast, heathen!
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
I swear, they all better lose weight or I'm calling bullshit.
Lose weight God's way!

Fast for a Good Cause!

Just stopping stuffing your cake hole for 40 days and kill two birds with one stone!

Isn't that Ramadan?
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(April 30, 2014 at 8:02 am)Kitanetos Wrote:
Quote:Virginia's Family Foundation has drawn the ire of LGBT activists after the organization recently declared a 40-day Christian fast to protect the state's Marriage Amendment, which defines marriage as a union between one man and one woman, from federal interference.

"Only the church stands in support of God's design for marriage. Our 40 days will culminate on Oct. 5 just before the court begins its session. We don't know what the Lord will do. We do know that He is sovereign. Whatever happens, we must adopt the attitude of the three Hebrew children who refused to bow before the golden image in Babylon," it said.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/virgin...de-118719/

Yeah... I was going to read the whole article, then I clicked on the link and immediately got 27 pop-up ads and 12 demands to give them my email address.

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMM, No.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 88896 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Christian Bride gives her Pastor father certificate of purity on her wedding day The Valkyrie 136 26472 October 28, 2015 at 3:19 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Yet more christian logic: christian sues for not being given a job she refuses to do. Esquilax 21 7409 July 20, 2014 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: ThomM
  Christian day care shut down Doubting Thomas 0 1268 March 21, 2014 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Relationships - Christian and non-Christian way Ciel_Rouge 6 6332 August 21, 2012 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: frankiej