Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catholicism
Catholicism
What do we think about the Catholic Church? I just want to test the waters, I will not fight/argue with hateful words or cursing, so don't throw me out yet, I am just curious.
RE: Catholicism
(April 30, 2014 at 9:26 pm)ducketto Wrote: What do we think about the Catholic Church?

*channels Min*

Full of pedophiles.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(April 30, 2014 at 9:28 pm)Kitanetos Wrote: [quote='ducketto' pid='661469' dateline='1398907560']
What do we think about the Catholic Church?

*channels Min*

Full of pedophiles.
[/quo
Do you watch sports?

Do you watch sports? If so, which one(s)?
"Sports" does not hold itself up as a moral authority..... while a) raping children and b) mounting a cover up to protect their slimy asses.

Fuck the church.
Yuk, yuk.

Not a fan of the sordid history of murder, pedophilia, extortion, revisionism, lying, racism, sexism, homophobia, and witch-hunting.

Did you have something specific you wanted to address? Tongue
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I'm simply asking him a question to lead to a point. Do you watch sports?
(April 30, 2014 at 9:34 pm)ducketto Wrote: I'm simply asking him a question to lead to a point. Do you watch sports?

I'll bite. Yes. I love sports. I watch football, hockey, basketball, Formula 1, golf, NASCAR, tennis, and soccer. In that order.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Silly hats.
(April 30, 2014 at 9:36 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote:
(April 30, 2014 at 9:34 pm)ducketto Wrote: I'm simply asking him a question to lead to a point. Do you watch sports?

I'll bite. Yes. I love sports. I watch football, hockey, basketball, Formula 1, golf, NASCAR, tennis, and soccer. In that order.

Okay good, I'm a baseball fan myself. Whether or not you like the Reds, are all Reds players gamblers? Or are all San Francisco Giants players doing steroids? You may suspect that the second is true, referring to Pete Rose and Barry Bonds, but my point is why associate or blame an entire group for the faults of so few?
Because the organization systematically did all of those things. Every single one of them. (the things, not the parishioners.)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jesus and Mary, In Catholicism and Islam Ahriman 32 1917 August 25, 2021 at 7:21 am
Last Post: Ahriman
  Stephen Fry and Christopher Hitchens against Catholicism Edwardo Piet 2 1136 May 14, 2017 at 9:02 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  A new flavor of Catholicism? Zenith 0 688 March 7, 2017 at 6:46 pm
Last Post: Zenith
  The death of Catholicism. Jehanne 39 8340 January 18, 2016 at 7:22 am
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Catholicism is crazy too watchamadoodle 31 5390 February 15, 2015 at 6:34 am
Last Post: robvalue
  And now for a Pet the Dog moment for Catholicism.... Rev. Rye 11 5135 April 16, 2010 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: TheMultiverseTheory
  Catholicism & Self-Hatred! Kyuuketsuki 0 1447 August 11, 2009 at 3:34 am
Last Post: Kyuuketsuki