Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monument to Baphomet unveiled for Oklahoma statehouse
Monument to Baphomet unveiled for Oklahoma statehouse
Ok, so to go backwards a bit here, there was a constitutional contest when another of these fundies wanted their pet religious project put up on public grounds. The court ruling was that they could do it as long as they paid for it and that any church could do the same. The response was kinda predictable. The Oklahoma statehouse lawn will soon feature a monument to Baphomet, paid for by Satanist groups.

http://www.vice.com/read/heres-the-first...etwitterus

I kinda hate siding with Muslims, but there's a big part of me that wants a Muslim monument put up there just so the Faux News fans that populate Oklahoma will completely lose their shit.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
RE: Monument to Baphomet unveiled for Oklahoma statehouse
It's fucking metal, I want one in my town.

[Image: Screen-Shot-20f14-05-01-at-1-22-20-PM.jpg]
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
I have to admit, it certainly looks cooler than anything the Jesus people would post. I mean, all crosses and the ten commandments and even the virgin Mary from the occasional Catholic, they get old.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
For some reason I imagine this playing in the background while the monument is being erected.

[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
It's awesome looking.

People are gonna get so pissed hehehehehehe
The children are a nice touch.

Brings a tear to the eye.
It's okay, everyone:
[Image: baphomet_zps3a69e847.jpg]

Batman is here to save us from the Baphomet statue. Rest easy.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
Love it. When does it go up? More importantly though, when does court wrap up to have the original monumment removed? Won't this alll be wrapped up before this thing is even finished?
"The idea of a Satanic monument sitting on government property in Oklahoma—which is like the Bible Belt's Bible Belt—seems a bit far-fetched, but Greaves says that "there has been quite a bit of discussion among legal scholars who recognize how difficult it would actually be for Oklahoma to turn us down… Constitutional law is quite clear on this issue: The state can’t discriminate against viewpoints. If they’ve opened the door for one, they’ve opened it for all.”

Indeed.
The comments! Holy crap the comments!

I have scarcely seen so much butthurt on one page!

I can't express just how badly I want this to happen Smile)
I'm a bitch, I'm a lover
I'm a goddess, I'm a mother
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint
I do not feel ashamed

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Today The Temporary Monument To The Toronto Van Attack Was Taken Down Amarok 1 437 June 4, 2018 at 11:43 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  My Redneck/Oklahoma friend would APPROVE... Brian37 3 402 November 15, 2017 at 11:45 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  White House no longer supports Stonewall National Monument under Trump Foxaèr 1 903 October 11, 2017 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Franklin Township Ohio To Reinstall Confederate Monument A Theist 95 16441 October 2, 2017 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Joods
  Oklahoma keeps getting it wrong. brewer 13 2086 April 29, 2016 at 3:49 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Oklahoma governor signs bill allowing nitrogen gas executions c172 21 3022 April 19, 2015 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  oh Oklahoma Natachan 13 2242 February 19, 2015 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  Was the Oklahoma beheading terrorism ? ForumMember77 11 2703 October 1, 2014 at 4:14 am
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Close Call for Oklahoma Catholics Raeven 17 2422 August 23, 2014 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Oklahoma teen accused of molesting Kenyan orphans claims a demon made him do it Zidneya 15 4048 August 23, 2014 at 8:52 am
Last Post: DramaQueen