Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Metal Gear Solid 2/etc
Metal Gear Solid 2/etc
I love the sneaking in this game, that you sneak behind and point your gun, and say "FREEZE!"
Kinda like some sort of a cop. And i have today beaten Mission mode, so now its Snake Tales again.
Favorite game as a 13 year old.

What is your favorite Metal Gear/Solid game
RE: Metal Gear Solid 2/etc
The first Solid iteration is my fave. But 2 and 3 are great as well. This is my second favorite game franchise.
MGS 3 is the best.
I played one of the metal gear games, don't remember which one. I was fighting a boss dude who had a huge hard-on for revolvers. You had to shoot bee hives or something to fall on him.

After hours of trying, I decreed that the boss was, in fact, impossible to beat. I rage quit and never picked it up again.
I'm a bitch, I'm a lover
I'm a goddess, I'm a mother
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint
I do not feel ashamed
(May 9, 2014 at 3:42 pm)ThePinsir Wrote: I played one of the metal gear games, don't remember which one. I was fighting a boss dude who had a huge hard-on for revolvers. You had to shoot bee hives or something to fall on him.

After hours of trying, I decreed that the boss was, in fact, impossible to beat. I rage quit and never picked it up again.

You've been playing MGS3, maybe you've been playing on "European Extreme", the most hardest difficulty.

I think its ok though.
Maybe. I rage quit a lot, though.

I quit Morrowind because i couldn't kill a few rats in some low-level quest. I said fuck it and sold it to gamestop.

I rage quit Kingdon Hearts because I couldn't beat the Hercules level. Seriously, fuck that game.

Don't even get me started on Diablo I...
I'm a bitch, I'm a lover
I'm a goddess, I'm a mother
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint
I do not feel ashamed
You do know you can lower the difficulty right?

If you already have it on the lowest setting then no offense but maybe gaming isn't for you hahaha.
My OCD will not allow me to rage quit. In fact, I carefully choose which games I buy because I get all OCD on them and have to beat them 100%, all collectibles, 100% on all missions, unlockables, etc. Right now I am locked into Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag, going back to beat all the optional mission requirements so I can get 100% Sync. I am a lost cause.

When I play MGS games, I play the first time through willy nilly, but then I have to be the damned thing in sneak mode. No Alert Phases, No Kills. Took me 6 playthroughs on MGS4 to get the Big Boss Emblem. (No kills, no alert phases, no deaths, 5.5 hours),
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Fuck yes!!! A Metal Gear thread that's alive!!! Oh my god...I just don't know where to start. How about METAL GEAR SOLID 4: GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS IS FLAWLESS!!! I don't need to say anything more... but I will!!

For me this game took the long standing Metroid Prime's place as the best game I've ever played. I just can't get over this game. The storyline is awesome. So much effort was put into it. I mean Hideo Kojima didn't even want to make this game! I'm also an anime fan and I've begun to notice something: The Japanese are fucking gods at story telling. MGS4 is so technically brilliant, you can't put this game down after your first play through. You gotta keep coming back for more. If not for the things you missed or were too afraid to try in a previous play through, then for the storyline that was woven by gods.

I love how the game sees off a hero that inspired a generation. Even with its sad under tone you can't help but smile with disbelief at how well the series comes full circle. I never played the first MGS on PlayStation1 but I did get to play the remake for GameCube. The subtitle of the game was The Twin Snakes. It was redesigned with the graphics for PlayStation 2 and the gameplay of MGS2. Anyway let me not get side tracked.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
Eh, it's not that good. A lot of the settings in MGS4 were pretty shit IMO. I only really enjoyed the first chapter where you felt like you were part of an actual battle. MGS3 has a much better vibe as you feel like you have to actually survive in the jungle, I missed that from this game.

The storytelling is good, although it's a bit too linear for my tastes, and often it doesn't make much sense. The story has nothing on Knights of the Old Republic or the Mass Effect franchise.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Battlefield/Halo/Resistance/Gears of War/etc gaming clan Creed of Heresy 0 1342 July 1, 2012 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: Creed of Heresy