Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 9:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MacDonald's is such a considerate organization
MacDonald's is such a considerate organization
http://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/mobile/mcdona...-1.1812992

A bit of local news, the MacDonalds they built to replace this one is in the same parking lot as my work. There is only about 50000 people in Sydney, and 100000 or so in the whole cape Breton region.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
RE: MacDonald's is such a considerate organization
OK... so McDonalds has McHappy Day the first Wednesday of May every year, across the entire country of Canada. The robbery took place 22 years ago, and McHappy Day is in place to raise money for charities.

Mountains of molehills here, IMO.
McDonalds' earned $5.59 billion in 2013 according to their year-end reports and increased dividends to shareholders. Why, one wonders, could they not divert some of that to the charities? Why do they make a big deal out of sucking money out of their customers instead of just writing a check?

How very church-like of them. Maybe their CEO wants to be pope?
(May 9, 2014 at 5:15 pm)Minimalist Wrote: McDonalds' earned $5.59 billion in 2013 according to their year-end reports and increased dividends to shareholders. Why, one wonders, could they not divert some of that to the charities? Why do they make a big deal out of sucking money out of their customers instead of just writing a check?

How very church-like of them. Maybe their CEO wants to be pope?

Don't get me wrong: I firmly believe McD's is as evil a corporation as most, but I think a fuss being made of, at worst, a scheduling error is a bit inane.
Was the killing really so well knows that McDonald's should have known in advance and changed the date? Even if they did know, I don't think I'd complain if some group wanted to give a reason to be happy on a day that's otherwise sad.

Maybe next year they'll be sure to be extra mopey, I guess. I'\m with rex here. Cut them some slack.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

What is no one allowed to be happy on that day because something bad happened on the same day by chance? Those people should take their own heads out of their asses, I bet they have barbeques on days that people died in war.
(May 9, 2014 at 5:21 pm)Chad32 Wrote: Was the killing really so well knows that McDonald's should have known in advance and changed the date? Even if they did know, I don't think I'd complain if some group wanted to give a reason to be happy on a day that's otherwise sad.

Maybe next year they'll be sure to be extra mopey, I guess. I'\m with rex here. Cut them some slack.

Actually yes, at least regional management. Its the fact these people were killed on the job as well
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
(May 9, 2014 at 5:19 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: Don't get me wrong: I firmly believe McD's is as evil a corporation as most, but I think a fuss being made of, at worst, a scheduling error is a bit inane.

I get that dear. My complaint - and it isn't only McDonalds - is this "you buy our shitty food AND give us money to pass on to charities and then WE look like fucking heroes."

I object to the scam.
Of course, there are serious things McDonald's are dicks about.

Notably, a few months ago, McDonald's posts this; it's a tipping guide for their employees. Apparently, they either have no idea how little they pay their own employees, or they think minimum wage goes far further than it actually does. Hell, my family's middle class and I don't have anyone who does most of these jobs, and of those I do, (trash collector/paperboy/mailman) I've never seen their faces.

[Image: original.jpg]

Fun Fact: the same day this was posted, McDonalds' around the country picketed their own organization, demanding $15/hour.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oh darn, such a humanitarian...... Brian37 17 1123 April 21, 2020 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Such An Insecure Little Fucktard Minimalist 15 2314 June 19, 2018 at 11:32 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Is Such A Relief!! BrianSoddingBoru4 2 325 April 21, 2018 at 5:46 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  It's Not Such A Mystery Guys Minimalist 15 1509 August 11, 2017 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  National Organization for Marriage co-founder concedes defeat on gay marriage My imaginary friend is GOD 4 1821 March 25, 2014 at 6:55 am
Last Post: My imaginary friend is GOD