Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Not Such A Mystery Guys
It's Not Such A Mystery Guys
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-40903723

Quote:Egypt trains collide in Alexandria, killing many

Quote:Two passenger trains have collided in northern Egypt, killing at least 36 people and injuring dozens more, health officials say.
One train was travelling from Cairo and the other from Port Said when they hit head-on in the northern coastal city of Alexandria, local media report.

Emergency teams are at the scene. It is not yet known what caused the two trains to collide.

Two trains were on the same track at the same time heading towards each other.  It would have been a mystery if they had missed each other.
RE: It's Not Such A Mystery Guys
These sorts of accidents always baffle me. I'm admittedly ignorant on all the ins and outs of railroad management but...those same tracks have been there for years, and they would presumably know where all their trains are at any given time, right? How do two head-on trains end up on the same track at the same time?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Signal failure, drunk/asleep guy controlling the points?
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

It's usually a driver problem, if I'm not mistaken. Human error's a bitch.
(August 11, 2017 at 12:17 pm)Minimalist Wrote: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-40903723

Quote:Egypt trains collide in Alexandria, killing many

Quote:Two passenger trains have collided in northern Egypt, killing at least 36 people and injuring dozens more, health officials say.
One train was travelling from Cairo and the other from Port Said when they hit head-on in the northern coastal city of Alexandria, local media report.

Emergency teams are at the scene. It is not yet known what caused the two trains to collide.

Two trains were on the same track at the same time heading towards each other.  It would have been a mystery if they had missed each other.

I get what you are saying, it sounds silly on the surface but it is a little more complicated than DUH.

Schedules are made long before the trains leave, miscommunication on the routs may have caused the operators to use track switches not knowing those lanes would cause them to be on the same track. Not to mention it takes a fuckload of distance for trains to slow down.

But yea, the paragraph does make it sound like a no brainer.

Miscommunication on the routs. Alot like that pilot almost landing on the planes a while ago mistaking the taxi lane for the actual runway.

I always find it funny on detective stories or news stories when the narrator or reporter says, "The murder victim was shot dead."

NO FUCKING WAY, I was going to think they were shot back to life if you had not said that.
Perhaps "allah" was asleep at the switch?
(August 11, 2017 at 1:49 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Perhaps "allah" was asleep at the switch?

Meh, Jews would say, Yahweh took a nap in WW2, that's nothing.
Yhwh did a lot of napping..... Assyrians, Babylonians, Persians, Greeks, Romans.  Fucker was fairly useless as a god.
(August 11, 2017 at 1:58 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Yhwh did a lot of napping..... Assyrians, Babylonians, Persians, Greeks, Romans.  Fucker was fairly useless as a god.

Well, he probably got tired after fighting as a lesser Canaanite god under El, rising to the top takes alot out of a deity. 

Yahweh, " Phew, toppling El made me tired, I'll pull a Trump and simply read the news scrolls."
Happens here too.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oh darn, such a humanitarian...... Brian37 17 1116 April 21, 2020 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  what do you guys think about this controversy surrounding the March for Life? Drich 46 2913 January 28, 2019 at 11:43 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Let's See The Pee-Pee Tape, Guys Minimalist 2 763 August 10, 2018 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Such An Insecure Little Fucktard Minimalist 15 2312 June 19, 2018 at 11:32 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Is Such A Relief!! BrianSoddingBoru4 2 325 April 21, 2018 at 5:46 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Guys.....isn't this going a bit too far? ErGingerbreadMandude 230 15098 February 1, 2017 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  How About These Guys, Drumpfsky? Minimalist 32 3805 December 28, 2016 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  The Little Guys Win One, for now. Minimalist 1 810 June 14, 2016 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  You're Going Overboard Guys Minimalist 7 991 April 20, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  MacDonald's is such a considerate organization Lemonvariable72 8 2345 May 9, 2014 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye