Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catholic Believers
Catholic Believers
I've noticed something over the last year or two, and I'm finding it disturbing.

Men, born and raised Catholic, married in the church, and then divorced, sometimes don't date or marry afterwards. I'm aware of 3 I've encountered in just the last year or 2. One I was not aware he was ever married, so I was spending some time with him, and at some point he caught on I thought he would be agreeable about some hot man on man action, and he started talking about his ex and why he is not dating, and is especially not interested in what I was thinking. (he was nice about, BTW)

I'm mortified, all 3 of these guys are desperately lonely, and are longing for company. (I picked up on that!!) but because of their lame religion, they deny themselves female company. Damn, that has to be super frustrating for older single women, and it sure is annoying me.
RE: Catholic Believers
(May 27, 2014 at 11:37 am)vorlon13 Wrote: I've noticed something over the last year or two, and I'm finding it disturbing.

Men, born and raised Catholic, married in the church, and then divorced, sometimes don't date or marry afterwards. I'm aware of 3 I've encountered in just the last year or 2. One I was not aware he was ever married, so I was spending some time with him, and at some point he caught on I thought he would be agreeable about some hot man on man action, and he started talking about his ex and why he is not dating, and is especially not interested in what I was thinking. (he was nice about, BTW)

I'm mortified, all 3 of these guys are desperately lonely, and are longing for company. (I picked up on that!!) but because of their lame religion, they deny themselves female company. Damn, that has to be super frustrating for older single women, and it sure is annoying me.

it annoying to me that people blame religion for these types of guys.

your friends are stupid. oh wait, it couldn't be anybody you knows fault.

oh yah, the numbers say that its you and your friends btw.
You formed an opinion on the, I'm sure, millions of divorced Catholic men in the world...based on 2 or 3 guys you know?

...right...
I'm a bitch, I'm a lover
I'm a goddess, I'm a mother
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint
I do not feel ashamed
I'm annoyed they are buying into the churches crap about divorce and remarriage.
Catholics have been buying the church's crap for 1500 years. The smart ones leave. The dumb ones keep buying.
Generally, I'm impressed when believers stick with random beliefs that are inconvenient to themselves instead of just to the rest of us. This occasion it is really grating.

I know these guys, they aren't anonymous strangers somewhere else. I've had many friends meet bad ends over the years and I couldn't do anything about it. When it was clear to me Dan-dan was miserable, and I found out why (after seriously contemplating submitting to his every carnal urge) it really sharpens up for me the damage religion does day in and day out.

I've primarily been concerned with damage the religiousites do to people not affiliated with their particular sect, now I'm seeing a broader issue here and a reason for going more activist against them.
I am kind of glad they bit.

If stupid doesn't breed our population should be that much smarter.

Thinking
Paul said that people shouldn't get married. They should have listened.
(May 27, 2014 at 8:36 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: Paul said that people shouldn't get married. They should have listened.

Mark 8:38 Whoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed....

By Nick Squires, and Robert Tait in Jerusalem
4:56PM BST 26 May 2014
Pope Francis visited a memorial to Jewish victims of terrorism on Monday after Israel demanded the gesture as a counter-weight to his decision to pray at the foot of the giant wall that symbolises the divisions between Palestinians and Israelis.
THE TRUE SHAME OF CATHOLIC COWARDICE IN THE FACE OF PURE EVIL!

Israeli officials were angered by the Pope’s impromptu initiative at the separation barrier on which 'Free Palestine' was scrawled in graffiti on Sunday, which they felt handed a propaganda victory to the Palestinians, who regard the wall as the ultimate symbol of their subjugation and a potent example of illegal land-grabbing.
Israel is a terrorist State and a nation of lies. According to its head liar Iran should have had thousands of nukes by now. He wanted the US to take out Iran for them. Now he's mugging the old Pope.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good exists - a Catholic comments Barry 619 32563 October 30, 2023 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
Tongue Scrupulosity - a Catholic disorder ? Bucky Ball 2 354 July 27, 2023 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: emjay
  Catholic Church against Cesarean section Fake Messiah 24 3877 August 14, 2021 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Not] Breaking news; Catholic church still hateful Nay_Sayer 18 1380 March 17, 2021 at 11:43 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Catholic churches profit under COVID PPP brewer 19 1335 February 23, 2021 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Catholic Bishops statement on Biden. brewer 9 772 January 25, 2021 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Catholic priests jailed for abusing deaf children zebo-the-fat 14 2522 November 26, 2019 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  This Is Stupid Even For A Catholic School BrianSoddingBoru4 16 2176 September 5, 2019 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  The Catholic Church has a prayer app zebo-the-fat 5 624 January 21, 2019 at 11:00 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  German Catholic Priests Abused More Than 3,600 Kids Fake Messiah 17 2098 September 14, 2018 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama