Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 2:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eating my cake
Eating my cake
So I've been wondering you know we all hear about how chivalry is basically dead? I've been thinking can't I as a self identified feminist be treated like a lady AND still maintain personal autonomy as a human and be respected as an equal/superior/ proper employee in the workplace? Or must being a lady be relinquished for gender equality?
RE: Eating my cake
(June 13, 2014 at 5:46 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: So I've been wondering you know we all hear about how chivalry is basically dead? I've been thinking can't I as a self identified feminist be treated like a lady AND still maintain personal autonomy as a human and be respected as an equal/superior/ proper employee in the workplace? Or must being a lady be relinquished for gender equality?

Men will treat women chivalrously as long as it increases their chances at a shot at the reproductive act. If the guys who treat women like ladies get laid more, more guys will treat women like ladies.

If you women want to have your cake and eat it too, screw the guys who treat you like a lady but also respect you as an equal/superior/ proper employee in the work place. Those guys who do not respect you and/or are not chivalrous....ignore them. If every woman did this then women in general would be both respected and treated like a lady.
I sincerely HOPE chivalry is dead. It was an idiotic institution and misogynistic in the extreme. Additionally, it involves horses, so I've got no use for it.

That being said, proper behaviour isn't dead. But being treated like a lady requires that the lady behave like one. I only know you from what I've read here on the boards, BQ, but I'll hold a door for you anytime. Smile

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
You know, forget chivalry. In my world having the cake and eating it too means the world respects my as a human being and I have equal rights, but I prefer the guy I like to slap me on the butt as I walk through a door than to hold it for me.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(June 14, 2014 at 4:39 am)Losty Wrote: You know, forget chivalry. In my world having the cake and eating it too means the world respects my as a human being and I have equal rights, but I prefer the guy I like to slap me on the butt as I walk through a door than to hold it for me.

What about the guy you don't like?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(June 14, 2014 at 4:39 am)Losty Wrote: You know, forget chivalry. In my world having the cake and eating it too means the world respects my as a human being and I have equal rights, but I prefer the guy I like to slap me on the butt as I walk through a door than to hold it for me.

I can arrange that. Devil

Oh, and, obligatory;

[Image: The-Cake-is-A-Lie-Breakdown-GIF-Low-Low_zps46dde4e3.gif]
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
(June 14, 2014 at 2:32 am)Heywood Wrote: Men will treat women chivalrously as long as it increases their chances at a shot at the reproductive act. If the guys who treat women like ladies get laid more, more guys will treat women like ladies.

If you women want to have your cake and eat it too, screw the guys who treat you like a lady but also respect you as an equal/superior/ proper employee in the work place. Those guys who do not respect you and/or are not chivalrous....ignore them. If every woman did this then women in general would be both respected and treated like a lady.

Bizarre theory you've got there: holding a door open = foreplay.

Whatever happened to common courtesy? I extend certain courtesies to men also; take for instance doors. I may hold a door and let a woman pass through first, but I'll keep a door open for a man that is close until he can manage it. My criteria for seating (public transportation, doctor's office, etc.) depends on the circumstance. I will always offer my seat to the elderly or anybody that appears to be disabled/injured. If a woman appears to be about the same age or older I will offer my seat; always for a pregnant woman. If a woman appears to be younger than 30 I won't offer unless I see some asshole hovering over her to the point she looks a little distressed.

All this and more without angling to get my dick wet.

Yeah but you're frisky like that darling
(June 14, 2014 at 11:37 am)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:

Yeah but you're frisky like that darling

I know I was honestly just teasing you. I don't expect to be treated any certain way because I'm a girl. I just want to be treated with respect because I am a person. I hold the door for people if I get to it first. I appreciate, but do not expect, that same courtesy from other people (make or female). The same thing with carrying heavy items. If a person sees that I am struggling and offers to help that's great, I would do the same for someone else, but I'm not some someone to carry my shit for me just because I'm a girl. So yea, I made a joke, but I honestly just think chivalry is stupid.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
I used to open doors for all women - now I'll only do it for a lady.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missouri Republicans eating their own Doubting Thomas 5 1784 November 25, 2013 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: Minimalist