Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missouri Republicans eating their own
Missouri Republicans eating their own
Missouri lawmaker wants to impeach governer Jay Nixon

Quote:A Missouri House Republican says he intends to seek articles of impeachment against Democratic Gov. Jay Nixon.

Nick Marshall, of Parkville, referred to the governor's executive order directing officials to accept joint tax filings from same-sex couples who are legally married, the release of the names of concealed gun permit holders to a federal agent and driver's license procedures.

Someone needs to tell him that the basis for impeachment isn't "doing something that Republicans don't like."
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
RE: Missouri Republicans eating their own
Brownie points from constituents should never trump common sense and proper procedure, but hey....'Murica. Seems to me that 9th grade civics students have a firmer grasp on government workings than the jackholes running it into the ground.
You have to give credit where due. Every time you think they have sunk to a new low, they manage to sink even lower. That's quite an accomplishment.

I just keep hoping that they bollix everything up so badly that the huge somnolent mass generally thought of as "the people" finally grok that these guys belong in a psych ward and not public office.

Am I hoping for too much?Snacks
“To terrify children with the image of hell, to consider women an inferior creation—is that good for the world?”
― Christopher Hitchens

"That fear first created the gods is perhaps as true as anything so brief could be on so great a subject". - George Santayana

"If this is the best God can do, I'm not impressed". - George Carlin

(November 20, 2013 at 10:34 am)Doubting Thomas Wrote: Someone needs to tell him that the basis for impeachment isn't "doing something that Republicans don't like."
On the other hand, pandering to the constituency can be the basis for staying in office, or potentially becoming a national figure. He certainly figures that he has little to lose in wasting everyone's time with an attempt to impeach that he knows will fail.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Sorry, I was under the impression that Jay Nixon was a Republican (as most everyone in Missouri is). But at any rate he's no left-wing liberal.

But yes, they tried the impeachment thing with Clinton, and they wanted to try it with Obama over Benghazi. Looks like the typical Republican response is "if you do something we don't like, we're going to try to impeach you."

Kind of like all the "Impeach Obama" bumper stickers I've seen. What the idiots out here in numbnutsland don't seem to understand is that impeachment is bringing an elected official up on actual criminal charges. It doesn't mean kicking them out of office because you don't like them.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Republicunts are not happy with elections. The results can be disappointing....especially when the fuckers lose.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheney challenger admits to statutory rape: Republicans don't care Rev. Rye 39 1995 May 28, 2021 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  High percent of republicans refusing covid vaccination brewer 36 3182 March 24, 2021 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Are religions that preach inequality for women and gays, traitors to their country? Greatest I am 129 5013 February 8, 2021 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Let’s take their guns BrokenQuill92 141 9337 November 22, 2020 at 4:28 pm
  An honest question for the Republicans Foxaèr 26 1191 November 20, 2020 at 1:25 pm
  Question About Republicans DeistPaladin 13 1254 September 22, 2020 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Trump’s evangelical adviser to Jim Bakker: ‘It’s not Republicans vs Dems — it’s God v Secular Elf 6 812 March 4, 2020 at 12:27 am
Last Post: Ranjr
Big Grin Democrats VS Republicans I believe in Harry Potter 17 1949 October 28, 2019 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Alan V
  Rabid Republicans in Oregon senate Rev. Rye 5 598 June 22, 2019 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Republicans, can you explain this to me? Losty 47 6543 May 10, 2019 at 6:28 pm
Last Post: Amarok