Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian Rock Lie
Christian Rock Lie
I guess Tim Lambesis wanted to make it rain! Too bad he tried to kill his own wife.

Quote:Heavy Metal Christian Rock Star Tim Lambesis: 'I'm an Atheist'

http://www.charismanews.com/culture/4433...an-atheist
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
Christian Rock Lie
Awful story, but great article. 1/10 Christian bands actually Christian. Sounds high, but it was the fastest growing genre in the 80's and 90's.
RE: Christian Rock Lie
Christians make a great marketing demographic, because quite a few of them have this mindset of wanting to publicly appear 'more Christian' than all the other Christians. Yunno, instead of selling their possessions and giving to the poor, like they're supposed to do.
Holy shit the comments
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
Christian Rock Lie
(June 18, 2014 at 9:05 pm)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: Holy shit the comments

Are not unlike talking to my mother in law.
I keep thinking of make a similar series to Left Behind. They would eat that shit up.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
The temptation is just too strong when you're a failing, talentless musician and all you have to do is sing "praise Jesus" over a couple of chords to get the faithful to throw money at you.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
He's not actually an atheist though, he's just pissed off at god and has chosen a life of sin. Trying to kill his wife was just one of his many defiances against god, including his sex life/masturbation, swearing, lying, watching TV, eating more than what is absolutely necessary, finding women attractive and doing work on the "Sabbath".
I don't think I realized AILD was supposed to be a "Christian" rock band. When Tim Lambesis was arrested, it was huge news here, though, because he lives right down the street. It's so creepy to think someone could hire a hitman... especially to kill the mother of his children.
I'd love to see a Venn diagram correlating "Suckers", "Christians" & "AILD Fans".

I'm thinking we'd only need two circles.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GOP chooses to protect former guy and big lie. Brian37 11 781 June 1, 2021 at 6:26 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  He likes big butt dials and he cannot lie. Brian37 1 473 October 26, 2019 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: no one
  School of Hard Rock Hotel knocks. Brian37 5 642 October 15, 2019 at 5:44 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I am not Kid-ing, but it does ROCK! Brian37 0 338 December 1, 2018 at 1:28 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Oh, Jeff. Didn't Jesus Tell You Not To Lie? Minimalist 3 770 November 2, 2017 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  The Lie: Hands up. Don't shoot. A Theist 39 12455 April 5, 2015 at 1:07 am
Last Post: Brakeman