Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
School of Hard Rock Hotel knocks.
School of Hard Rock Hotel knocks.
Why did the under construction Hard Rock Hotel collapse? You can argue details, sure, but the result is the same. Accidents are less likely to happen with tons of redundancy in protocol and tons of testing before the plan is put into action. Someone in the planning process, and or building process missed a step or two or simply cut corners to save money.

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/2-killed-i...-collapse/
RE: School of Hard Rock Hotel knocks.
(October 14, 2019 at 9:14 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Why did the under construction Hard Rock Hotel collapse? You can argue details, sure, but the result is the same. Accidents are less likely to happen with tons of redundancy in protocol and tons of testing before the plan is put into action. Someone in the planning process, and or building process missed a step or two or simply cut corners to save money.

Pure speculation on your part.

Big shock.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(October 14, 2019 at 10:12 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(October 14, 2019 at 9:14 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Why did the under construction Hard Rock Hotel collapse? You can argue details, sure, but the result is the same. Accidents are less likely to happen with tons of redundancy in protocol and tons of testing before the plan is put into action. Someone in the planning process, and or building process missed a step or two or simply cut corners to save money.

Pure speculation on your part.

Big shock.

To be fair, a lot of structural failures like this have resulted from the architects/contractors/someone in the construction chain deciding to cut corners, often so they can save money. Last year, a bridge at FIU-Sweetwater was built using a new technique called Accelerated Bridge Construction. It collapsed five days after it opened. And then, a few months ago, I wrote my term paper on the recent controversy over the Boeing 737 Max, and a good portion of why that plane ended up being such a deathtrap was because they wanted to make the 737 as green as the new Airbus plane, but change as little as possible so they wouldn't have to fund R&D on a whole new plane, and one thing led to another and that led to two crashes that forced the entire fleet to be grounded.

A convenient list of examples can be found hyeah.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(October 14, 2019 at 11:07 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote:
(October 14, 2019 at 10:12 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Pure speculation on your part.

Big shock.

To be fair, a lot of structural failures like this have resulted from the architects/contractors/someone in the construction chain deciding to cut corners, often so they can save money. Last year, a bridge at FIU-Sweetwater was built using a new technique called Accelerated Bridge Construction. It collapsed five days after it opened. And then, a few months ago, I wrote my term paper on the recent controversy over the Boeing 737 Max, and a good portion of why that plane ended up being such a deathtrap was because they wanted to make the 737 as green as the new Airbus plane, but change as little as possible so they wouldn't have to fund R&D on a whole new plane, and one thing led to another and that led to two crashes that forced the entire fleet to be grounded.

At this point in the story there is no proof.  It's Brian screeching corporate greed...one of his favorite refrains.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Kind of a rush to judgement on your part, isn't it, Brian?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 14, 2019 at 11:07 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote:
(October 14, 2019 at 10:12 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Pure speculation on your part.

Big shock.

But we don't yet know if this was an engineering disaster.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mass shooting in the middle school Vladislav Ribnikar in Belgrade FlatAssembler 764 27000 July 18, 2023 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Oakland School Shooting onlinebiker 99 5834 December 7, 2021 at 8:21 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Weapons in hotel, Denver brewer 38 1958 July 13, 2021 at 12:29 pm
  Denver Radio Host wishes for "Nice School Shooting" to interrupt Impeachment Divinity 17 1359 December 20, 2019 at 8:46 am
  How is a Hotel responsible for firearm sales? Brian37 45 2994 October 8, 2019 at 9:44 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Middle School Hit List Foxaèr 24 2603 April 24, 2019 at 8:46 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Nuns steal ~$500k from school for Vegas trips - face no charges Fidel_Castronaut 15 1366 December 11, 2018 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I am not Kid-ing, but it does ROCK! Brian37 0 345 December 1, 2018 at 1:28 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Bring your Bible to school day, 10/4/18 vorlon13 11 1867 September 15, 2018 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  From the cake to the school Foxaèr 5 900 June 17, 2018 at 12:00 am
Last Post: Cecelia