Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evolution is obvious
Evolution is obvious
I just wonder how the belivers come to be so blind to any reason. They just think the evolution to be a pure bullshit. But what if I told them about the diversity between human being. How come we have white, black, asian, american indian etc, each have they're own characteristic. If we were from Adam and Eve as the scriptures say, then there should be no such differences. I don't need more than that to deduce the accuracy of this theory
RE: Evolution is obvious
I think a lot of theists tend to accept evolution but poke holes TOE. Usually citing fossils (???) or simply invoking a god with no other reason than it happens to be the god that they like to worship.

Never underestimate the power of apologetics
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
You would need more than that, actually. "Races" of people don't indicate any meaningful departure from a common lineage. Even starting out with just two ancestors (not likely) nature still seems to favor diversity, and all the "races" are just the sort of thing we absolutely -would- expect to find in any case.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I don't think I have ever come across an evolution denier who actually understands the theory. The problem is with education I think.
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
They will acknowledge species adaptation but not full blown evolution.
Unfortunately for them there's no difference. The terms are classifications, modifiers that indicate what lvl of magnification a genetic lineage is being studied under.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 24, 2014 at 11:25 am)Rhythm Wrote: You would need more than that, actually. "Races" of people don't indicate any meaningful departure from a common lineage. Even starting out with just two ancestors (not likely) nature still seems to favor diversity, and all the "races" are just the sort of thing we absolutely -would- expect to find in any case.

Mmm what you're saying seem feeble. Otherwise how can you explain differences in our races ? Since with all our differences we're all humans, that proves that we come from common ancestor. And the part where evolution takes place is when the offsrpings came to diversify. It's clear and needs no more unecessary mystification or doubt
Quote:Since with all our differences we're all humans, that proves that we come from common ancestor.
at which point, based solely on the information you feel is sufficient to renounce creationism, I the mock cretanist will concede that we do in fact have common ancestors - adam and eve.

Sure, the spread of sub-species we so amusingly refer to as "races" (to avoid likening ourselves to animals, I suspect) isn't any mystery. Not the genetics, not the mechanics. Similarly our common descent and the general timeframe are pretty well hammered out - but there's plenty of time to plug in an adam and eve - jettisoning everything that came before.

I'm not arguing that you're wrong, simply that you're not right for the reasons you stated. This sort of stuff is always an easier target for an apologist than modern synthesis (descent with modification, selection and genetics) is.
(June 24, 2014 at 11:36 am)Rhythm Wrote:
Quote:Since with all our differences we're all humans, that proves that we come from common ancestor.
at which point, based solely on the information you feel is sufficient to renounce creationism, I the mock cretanist will concede that we do in fact have common ancestors - adam and eve.

Sure, the spread of sub-species we so amusingly refer to as "races" (to avoid likening ourselves to animals, I suspect) isn't any mystery. Not the genetics, not the mechanics. Similarly our common descent and the general timeframe are pretty well hammered out - but there's plenty of time to plug in an adam and eve - jettisoning everything that came before.

I'm not arguing that you're wrong, simply that you're not right for the reasons you stated. This sort of stuff is always an easier target for an apologist than modern synthesis (descent with modification, selection and genetics) is.

Having a common ancestor doesn't mean it's Adam and Eve. The doctrine of human beings are descendant of those mythical people is wrong when it claims that humans were created separatedly from the rest of the creation. Evolution is a scientific fact based on logic and reality. It's clear that human didn't appear separatedly and suddenly. So as you can see, human and all the rest of the animal kingdom have a common ancestor
(June 24, 2014 at 12:19 pm)LogicOrDie Wrote: Having a common ancestor doesn't mean it's Adam and Eve. The doctrine of human beings are descendant of those mythical people is wrong when it claims that humans were created separatedly from the rest of the creation. Evolution is a scientific fact based on logic and reality. It's clear that human didn't appear separatedly and suddenly. So as you can see, human and all the rest of the animal kingdom have a common ancestor
Of course it (having a common ancestor) doesn't mean that, the trouble is that it doesn't exclude it either. Again, I'm not arguing against your point, only helping to refine the manner in which you communicate it. We get plenty of gigglesticks on this board that will spend pages jumping on a poorly worded post rather than taking on the unifying theory of biology (I sympathize, I truly do).