Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:22 pm

Poll: Can an Athiest/Christian Marriage Work
This poll is closed.
Yes
25.81%
8 25.81%
No
22.58%
7 22.58%
Depends
51.61%
16 51.61%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I stay with a christian
Should I stay with a christian
When I first met my fiance he was christian, but he was not a devout one, he was pretty open to discussion of the existence with god and I shared my views on religion with him alot. He agreed with much of the things I said to him actually to the point where he questioned his religion. I thought for sure we had another free thinker but instead he ended up becoming christian again . I would ask him why he was christian despite the obvious logic conflict, he says he doesnt know why nothing make sense and he isnt sure why Christianity is full of illogical fallacies but he say he knows god exists because he has his visions of the future. (BTW the visions he has he is unable to remember until after the event has happened and he can ever recall a vision at will Undecided ) His vision are alot like Deju Vu phenomenons. But he is convinced it is visions so this gives merit to the idea that the christian god must be the way Confused Fall . Now that he has found his religion again, he is increasing his reading of the bible and starting to do and say illogical things. I love him to death and he is a smart man(hes an engineer for goodness sakes) I am worried he will put Christianity so high in his priories that ill be outcasted. He says he is fine with practicing his religion alone, but I dont know if this can actually work
RE: Should I stay with a christian
(June 29, 2014 at 8:07 pm)sweetjalepeno Wrote: When I first met my fiance he was christian, but he was not a devout one, he was pretty open to discussion of the existence with god and I shared my views on religion with him alot. He agreed with much of the things I said to him actually to the point where he questioned his religion. I thought for sure we had another free thinker but instead he ended up becoming christian again . I would ask him why he was christian despite the obvious logic conflict, he says he doesnt know why nothing make sense and he isnt sure why Christianity is full of illogical fallacies but he say he knows god exists because he has his visions of the future. (BTW the visions he has he is unable to remember until after the event has happened and he can ever recall a vision at will Undecided ) His vision are alot like Deju Vu phenomenons. But he is convinced it is visions so this gives merit to the idea that the christian god must be the way Confused Fall . Now that he has found his religion again, he is increasing his reading of the bible and starting to do and say illogical things. I love him to death and he is a smart man(hes an engineer for goodness sakes) I am worried he will put Christianity so high in his priories that ill be outcasted. He says he is fine with practicing his religion alone, but I dont know if this can actually work

Well I'm assuming you are a female or a gay male, my advice, even though my relationship has only been lasting for 2 years (not a lot of time, but I hope a lot more still comes) is to not give a fuck about it. If you truly love each other, something like personal beliefs or lack of beliefs should have little relevance. My girlfriend has always been a christian (more likely a deist with christian influences) and she is pretty open minded about it, we never had a problem with it because we both love ourselves. If you love your boyfriend that shouldn't be a problem at all. But again this is just my bet. What are your fears on the future (if I can ask) ?
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

[Image: Rottenecards_8383548_p3mnh493t2.png]
It can turn to shit if you are both not careful.
How can you know that his beliefs will not evolve further to the point of no return.

Most "normal" people work stuff out together for the sake of love, but many times love alone isn't enough.
The trick to a lasting relationship, as Paul Newman suggested, is to grow together.

Good luck either way matey.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(June 29, 2014 at 8:07 pm)sweetjalepeno Wrote: When I first met my fiance he was christian, but he was not a devout one, he was pretty open to discussion of the existence with god and I shared my views on religion with him alot. He agreed with much of the things I said to him actually to the point where he questioned his religion. I thought for sure we had another free thinker but instead he ended up becoming christian again . I would ask him why he was christian despite the obvious logic conflict, he says he doesnt know why nothing make sense and he isnt sure why Christianity is full of illogical fallacies but he say he knows god exists because he has his visions of the future. (BTW the visions he has he is unable to remember until after the event has happened and he can ever recall a vision at will Undecided ) His vision are alot like Deju Vu phenomenons. But he is convinced it is visions so this gives merit to the idea that the christian god must be the way Confused Fall . Now that he has found his religion again, he is increasing his reading of the bible and starting to do and say illogical things. I love him to death and he is a smart man(hes an engineer for goodness sakes) I am worried he will put Christianity so high in his priories that ill be outcasted. He says he is fine with practicing his religion alone, but I dont know if this can actually work

Uhhhmm

Are we being punked?
The answer is painfully obvious. Religious or not, fucktards who claim to have visions of the future and believe in sky wizards, all while knowingly ignoring logic and reason should not only be avoided they should be considered dangerous. I mean, you're the idiot that married a christian so part of me thinks you should have to suffer with his idiocy, but the other part of me thinks you should find and maintain a safe distance from someone who claims to pick up transmissions from god.
[Image: Evolution.png]

(June 29, 2014 at 8:27 pm)Cinjin Wrote:

Uhhhmm

Are we being punked?
The answer is painfully obvious. Religious or not, fucktards who claim to have visions of the future and believe in sky wizards, all while knowingly ignoring logic and reason should not only be avoided they should be considered dangerous. I mean, you're the idiot that married a christian so part of me thinks you should have to suffer with his idiocy, but the other part of me thinks you should find and maintain a safe distance from someone who claims to pick up transmissions from god.

I agree with you on this one. Like I said, the probability of a relationship like this working depends on the level of religiousness/faith the partner has. Some disagreements are not enough to stop a commitment, but if a person is an atheist and the other claims to see the future then clearly it isn't going to work.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

It can work both ways, you can have annoying Christian or an annoying Atheist, both are not worth living with.
(June 29, 2014 at 8:07 pm)sweetjalepeno Wrote: He says he is fine with practicing his religion alone, but I dont know if this can actually work
[emphasis is mine]

If he's getting steadily more and more religious, this will not last. He will eventually start asking, then demanding that you go to church with him. The peer pressure (why don't we ever see your lovely wife at service) at church will get him even if the crazy doesn't.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(June 29, 2014 at 8:50 pm)GalacticBusDriver Wrote:
(June 29, 2014 at 8:07 pm)sweetjalepeno Wrote: He says he is fine with practicing his religion alone, but I dont know if this can actually work
[emphasis is mine]

If he's getting steadily more and more religious, this will not last. He will eventually start asking, then demanding that you go to church with him. The peer pressure (why don't we ever see your lovely wife at service) at church will get him even if the crazy doesn't.

True story. This is a prime example to explain why opposites don't really attract

My wife is a Christian - we get along just fine. I realize that her religion is a surface infatuation with a deeper self-truth. Once your man finds his own inner light, he'll quickly put away the one pointing to it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What should I do if I'm being forced to go to a Christian School? Socratic Meth Head 51 11615 June 10, 2016 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: abaris
  How does one stay sane in a religious environment and/or family? The Skeptic 21 6638 April 1, 2011 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: the6dead