Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fourth of July..
Fourth of July..
A happy 4th of July to my American friends.

Your revolution against us bankrupted the French, for which we shall always be thankful Great
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: Fourth of July..
You're welcome!
Happy 4th of July to all Americans out there Smile
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Damn, this is better than I've ever gotten from my ex-wife. She never helps me commemorate our divorce.
Merry Christmas all !
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
*dons my Britney Spears costume*

Trick or Treat!
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Huh... I can't think of anything funny or witty to say this year...

I care that little for history right now. Undecided
(July 4, 2014 at 8:40 am)Darwinian Wrote: A happy 4th of July to my American friends.

Your revolution against us bankrupted the French, for which we shall always be thankful Great

And we appreciate all the mistakes you made that let us win.

Really, we couldn't have done it without you!

To bad we have royally fucked it up since then.

Anyway:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/03/18...tail=email

Quote:If Our Founding Fathers Were All Christians, Why Did They Say This?
(July 4, 2014 at 8:40 am)Darwinian Wrote: A happy 4th of July to my American friends.

Thank you.

And ironically, their bankruptcy brought them democracy indirectly, since it preceded their first revolution. They finally got the republic thing right the third time some 100 years later.

The American Revolution continues.

We've endured some awful setbacks lately, the asinine Supreme Court ruling that corporations are not only people but ones with religious beliefs. The blowback has begun as corporations are now going to extend that new power to ignore any laws they can get away with religious exemptions for. Maybe it will get so bad the GOP will pay the price for it this November and in 2016. Maybe there'll be enough popular support for an amendment to the constitution stating "corporations are not fucking people."

Keep fighting, progressives everywhere.

(July 4, 2014 at 2:45 pm)Minimalist Wrote: And we appreciate all the mistakes you made that let us win.

I'm surprised they fought to keep us in the first place.

The war wasn't popular in Britain. It was much like their Vietnam. We beat them the same way the Vietcong beat us, being nowhere and everywhere at once, bleeding them until they finally left. An empire, even with a superior army, can't remain where they're not welcome. Guerrilla tactics will wear them down.

You'd think, since we employed that tactic so well, we'd have learned. Surely we should have learned after Vietnam. But history is wont to repeat itself.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
From Dazed and Confused...

Quote:Ms. Ginny Stroud: Okay guys, one more thing, this summer when you're being inundated with all this American bicentennial Fourth Of July brouhaha, don't forget what you're celebrating, and that's the fact that a bunch of slave-owning, aristocratic, white males didn't want to pay their taxes.

Now, let's go blow something up.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy July 4th!! Jehanne 5 399 July 4, 2022 at 5:57 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Happy 4th of July everyone! Alex K 30 3284 July 5, 2016 at 2:55 am
Last Post: energizer bunny
  4th of July Cookout popeyespappy 27 2422 July 5, 2015 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
Shocked Pipes & Bongs for smoking drugs are now Illegal in Florida (starting July 1st) Big Blue Sky 7 3394 June 18, 2013 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  4th of July. The Grand Nudger 12 2110 July 3, 2011 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Epimethean